Good cheap budget boost

bkac

Caught the Bug
So I'm headed to the Moab next week and I think I'm going to take the Jeep and not just be a passenger!

I'm thinking about for a temporary solution just putting a budget boost and some 35s on the Jeep. I have 4.10s, I need to order a lift and some tires along with the Procal. I'm not sure if I need shocks or just extenders. I'm thinking 2-2.5" I'm going to do a fender trim with this mod. Does anybody have a used lift they like to sell or can recommend one?
I'm stuck between the Trail Grapplers or the Duratracs. It looks like if you go to a true 35 1250 17 they're all E rated, I think I was to stock with a D rate.
Fire away!
Thanks in advance

So I'm headed to the Moab next week and I think I'm going to take the Jeep and not just be a passenger!

I'm thinking about for a temporary solution just putting a budget boost and some 35s on the Jeep. I have 4.10s, I need to order a lift and some tires along with the Procal. I'm not sure if I need shocks or just extenders. I'm thinking 2-2.5" I'm going to do a fender trim with this mod. Does anybody have a used lift they like to sell or can recommend one?
I'm stuck between the Trail Grapplers or the Duratracs. It looks like if you go to a true 35 1250 17 they're all E rated, I think I was to stock with a D rate.
Fire away!
Thanks in advance

I ran the TF 2.5 BB with shock extenders for awhile and loved it. Best "get ya by" set up.

RedRum

I'm gunn running flat fenders and Evo leveling kit with 35s till I can justify spending the money on a legit lift ( not that I can't justify it but I can't when I have stuff around the house I want to upgrade ) lol

bkac

Caught the Bug
I'm gunn running flat fenders and Evo leveling kit with 35s till I can justify spending the money on a legit lift ( not that I can't justify it but I can't when I have stuff around the house I want to upgrade ) lol

I'm going double throw down and 40s but it's going to be just a little longer so I need something just temporary and I want to get as much clearance as possible under the belly. That's why I'll leaning towards 2-2.5 range.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Rough Country Series 2, 2.5" budget boost. Doesn't come with bump stops but does come with shock extensions.

Currently running it with 35" toyos. Let me know if you want some pictures.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Rough Country Series 2, 2.5" budget boost. Doesn't come with bump stops but does come with shock extensions.

Currently running it with 35" toyos. Let me know if you want some pictures.

Did you buy bumpstops?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
All the budget boost pucks are the same polyurethane material. I would just look for a kit that comes with shock extensions, bump stops, longer rear sway bar links, and maybe a rear trackbar bracket.

bkac

Caught the Bug
All the budget boost pucks are the same polyurethane material. I would just look for a kit that comes with shock extensions, bump stops, longer rear sway bar links, and maybe a rear trackbar bracket.

:thumbup::thumbup:
Thanks, that's the info I needed.
Do I need a new front TBar bracket also? I hate doing a budget boost but I know I'll have more fun this way for the meantime

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
:thumbup::thumbup:
Thanks, that's the info I needed.
Do I need a new front TBar bracket also? I hate doing a budget boost but I know I'll have more fun this way for the meantime

No you don't. You will be low enough that your stock trackbar will be fine. I ran my 2.5" coil lift (yeilded 3.25") for almost two year with the stock trackbar and bracket. Only recently when I got my pr44 did I add a DL flip.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Did you buy bumpstops?

Yes but just some 2" rears. Luckily I was silly with my first jeep and had 2" front bump stops from my rancho lift that I never installed.

I will note that this is a lift/level kit so its 2.5" front and 2" rear. I get a little bit of rubbing in the rear at full stuff with full fenders.

Also, unlike AEV and Teraflex, the spacers are made out of steel so I check them as best I can about once a week for rust...

noroad

crown 1.75 coil spacers for 90$ for 35s

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404941634.126982.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404941634.126982.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 136

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
I have read good things about the EVO HD Leveling kit. I just ordered one yesterday and planning on getting 35's next.

NV375

The rancho 2" kit is like $400 on Amazon and comes with the 9000 shocks

I am running the Rancho 2" kit at the moment with cut fenders and 35x12.50 17 TGs. The front end is great the shocks it comes with limit the travel to just before the DS hits the exhaust. The rear rubs hard and my wife cut some deep sipes on the rear tires on the new years run. I think some 1.75" rear coil spacers and 1" bump stops would have solved that but I am just going to the enforcer. The shocks that came with this kit seemed perfect for stock drive shafts.

Last edited:

bkac

Caught the Bug
I am running the Rancho 2" kit at the moment with cut fenders and 35x12.50 17 TGs. The front end is great the shocks it comes with limit the travel to just before the DS hits the exhaust. The rear rubs hard and my wife cut some deep sipes on the rear tires on the new years run. I think some 1.75" rear coil spacers and 1" bump stops would have solved that but I am just going to the enforcer. The shocks that came with this kit seemed perfect for stock drive shafts.

What size rear spacers came with the kit?

Top Bottom