Tera Flex Spare Tire Antenna Mount

CCTX50

it has been a long weekend. I just completed installing my Rock Hard Sport Cage and now I am about to install my CB. I purchased a Tera Flex Spare Tire Antenna mount. I have removed the powder coating off the mount where it mounts to the tire carrier and also where the antenna mounts. My question is... Are any of you running a separate ground wire to the frame or is the mount grounded well enough through the tire carrier? Thanks in advance.

Rebel JK

When in doubt run the ground. You can verify with an ohmeter between carrier and the chassis, but if your relying on the pivot/joint for ground you'll probly be sol.

hbkid22

I am not running an extra ground but prolly should and have the same mount. However my SWR reading is below 1.5 so I haven't stressed it much.

bthomas

Yup, run a ground. I ran mine into the gate, and through the fabric wire sheath at the hinge to keep it clean, then used a low profile self tapping screw to ground to the tub.

CCTX50

Thanks guys. I have read all over and see some do it some don't. Safer than sorry. Thanks again!!!

Top Bottom