Can't go in reverse.

tobias lopez

Hey WOL fam hope everyone is doing better than me.

So I was doing some little hills and something poped not sure where but now I can go in reverse for more than 5 ft I here a pop is the rear and it stops me in place while in reverse.

Any ideas?

USMC Wrangler

That sucks...the only time I had something similar was a blown rear end on an old car of mine. But, it made a ton of noise going forward too. Hope that's not it and something simpler and cheaper...

Good luck!

MarkW13

Hey WOL fam hope everyone is doing better than me.

So I was doing some little hills and something poped not sure where but now I can go in reverse for more than 5 ft I here a pop is the rear and it stops me in place while in reverse.

Any ideas?

Check your rear diff. Maybe you spun the housing.

tobias lopez

Here are some pics

Attachments

• 1425865863604.jpg
    1425865863604.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 1425865876042.jpg
    1425865876042.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 152
  • 1425865887436.jpg
    1425865887436.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 153

MarkW13

Here are some pics

Back up, let it stop, then look at it. Rubirick's was pretty extreme. It might be lifting (or falling) just enough to bind it up in reverse.

You could always pull the rear diff cover and look inside. It will only cost you some oil.

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
Think it's in the front diff. Blah!! Do u guys think it is something that will be covered under warranty?

depends on the whether the dealer is mod friendly, but they could blame the lift or an incorrect pinion angle then it's on you.

is it the front driveshaft or in the axle? pull the diff cover off and see what falls out with the oil.

If it's just the front driveshaft, you can remove the driveshaft and drive without it until you get it fixed.

tobias lopez

depends on the whether the dealer is mod friendly, but they could blame the lift or an incorrect pinion angle then it's on you.

is it the front driveshaft or in the axle? pull the diff cover off and see what falls out with the oil.

If it's just the front driveshaft, you can remove the driveshaft and drive without it until you get it fixed.

I think the in the axle. I'm out of daylight so I'm calling it a night. I'm taking tommrow off and taking it to the dealer to see what they tell me worst thing is they tell me what's wrong and it's my responsibility but at least I'll know what the issue is.

tobias lopez

update

so I dropped off the jeep at Ontario jeep this morning so far so good. they said it was an issue with the front diff and it looks like it will be covered.

Top Bottom