help me cover all my bases please

desertrunner

So i have been doing a bit of damage control on my rig after finding a plethora of worn out front suspension and steering parts. I am about to submit my orders online but i thought i better double check on here before i miss something or order something stupid.

Ball joints - replacing the worn out stock ones with dynatrac pro steers. that one is straight forward.

Buying the EVO drag link flip kit - I cant get my RK track bar to adjust anymore (thank you colorado salt and rust) so i found someone with a stock track bar left over to buy cheap so that should work. My stock drag link end at the pitman arm needs replaced so i was just going to order the crown stock replacement off quadratec http://www.quadratec.com/products/56118_0016.htm. If i remember correctly this flip kit also uses STOCK REAR SWAY BAR LINKS???? i have the longer RK ones from my lift so i need to track a set of those down i thought worst comes to worst order the crown ones off quadratec as well.

replacing worn out Polyurethane bushings on my RK control arms, once again i think that is straight forward.

bent steering stabilizer so i will prob just replace that with another bilstein like i had.

I also noticed that my stock tie rod took a hit on a rock and is bent as well, but it is pretty slight and should be able to just adjust to correct the toe again with the adjuster sleeve. That is IF i can get that adjuster sleeve to budge... so far unsuccessful :mad: not sure what i want to do about that one yet....

Since i read something about this on another thread i figure i would ask this question here too. I am running the RK 3.5" x-Factor lift kit and i am currently running Teraflex 2.5" bump stop pucks that sit at the bottom of the coil, i cant remember why i ended up going with those but thats what i have. Now i read on another thread about needing at least 3" bumps to run the drag link flip kit??? I am also currently on a 75% worn set of 37x12.5r17 KM2s and chopped factory fender flares, so can anyone enlighten me on whether i should ditch the 2.5" pucks for some bigger ones or with my tire and fender combo ill be ok? Also when the time and money comes i will most likely be buying the same set of tires again.

Does everything in there sound reasonable or am i missing something?

Mjay

As far as the bump stop question goes:
A general rule is that you should be running as much bumpstop as you have lift. This prevents the coil from fully compressing on itself and prevents issues thy could arise, such as a bent or busted up coil spring.
Also, the minimum amount of bump for the drag link flip kit is required so that the drag link does not hit your frame on the passenger side when the passenger side tire is stuffed. By moving the drag link to the top of the knuckle you move it substantially closer to the frame and it will contact it.

desertrunner

anyone else out there with advise about the bump stops and the crown drag link end working? Or anything else i may have missed that i need to include?

Top Bottom