Odd problem after Spidertrax install

rich67

Caught the Bug
So the other day I threw on four 1.5" spacers on my stock JKU. Rode fantastic for a week or so. The other day I took a short road trip. A few miles from home, I received a chime, noticed the ABS and electrical "little lightning bolt idiot light" and Stability light flip on for a second, feels like someone tapped the brakes, then back to normal. I exit the vehicle and check all the hubs- nothing out of the ordinary. I drive on the interstate and 3 more times...the same issue...this time kicking me off cruise control, forcing me to resume each time.
I go out and wheel the next two days with more issues. I drive all the way home without any further issues...
I checked the torque of all bolts, and everything is holding strong...what the heck is going on here? Should I just shrug and forget it?

MICP3309

I know the only time i had the exact same lights and conditions was when I had one tire that was smaller than the rest. (i tore a sidewall of a 37, then the spare found a bolt on the road home.. borrowed my buddies 35" to get home..

The computer thinks that one of your wheels is spinning faster than the rest maybe. not sure if maybe one of them its centered (but not sure how that can happen). Did all of your tires go back on the same wheels they came off of? maybe need a new balance?

Id try to pull off the spacers, and reinstall.

rich67

Caught the Bug
I know the only time i had the exact same lights and conditions was when I had one tire that was smaller than the rest. (i tore a sidewall of a 37, then the spare found a bolt on the road home.. borrowed my buddies 35" to get home..

The computer thinks that one of your wheels is spinning faster than the rest maybe. not sure if maybe one of them its centered (but not sure how that can happen). Did all of your tires go back on the same wheels they came off of? maybe need a new balance?

Id try to pull off the spacers, and reinstall.

I wonder if tire pressure has anything to do with it? I noticed one of my tires was waaaaay overinflated (39psi) and the others were at 35. Yes, all wheels came off and went back on the same position/no removal from the rim. Maybe all the wheeling I did this weekend knocked something back where it should be? LOL...dunno...

rich67

Caught the Bug
Discovered that the problem was actually a loose battery cable. Most likely from me not torquing the nut down after my winch install.

Top Bottom