Wet floors any ideas???

jeeperjk08

I have an 08 jk 4 door. For a long time now I have been noticing that the floors are always wet under my mats. Seems like its only where feet would go. Under seats and rear cargo all are dry. Does anyone have ideas as to what this might be caused by?

Also it seems like it can happen any time. Rain, no rain, ac on, ac off. I live in Florida so no snow to worry about. Any ideas on what to check would be greatly appreciated. If this matters my temp always runs at normal levels also.

Thanks

Peak

I would take out the front carpet and examine underneath it. Maybe you are missing drain plugs and whenever you drive through a puddle it seeps through?

It's your roof. The water travels down the a pillar behind the plastic cover and seeps down right onto the floor.

Remove/replace your top making sure everything is right when putting it back on.

Good luck

Sessoms14X

It's your roof. The water travels down the a pillar behind the plastic cover and seeps down right onto the floor.

Remove/replace your top making sure everything is right when putting it back on.

Good luck

This is the case ^ mine is always a hit and miss when i put my top panels on. Sometimes I get it right and it doesn't leak, other times it'll be off and I'll open the door to wet carpet. Just make sure your top panels are in correctly.

Kalums

This may not be the case but I'm going to throw this out there just in case : does it smell funny?kinda sweet? Is the liquid slick (more than water) kinda like a really thin oil? Might be a heater core..... But my vote is the top. Had the same problem with my 08 actually ended up replacing the top windshield seal. It didn't have to rain, in FL the dew is heavy enough some times. 😆

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
funny thing is, i was going to ask what people do to seal the rubber on the hardtop/ and doors.
i found that my 14' leaks from the top 2 freedom panels right above the windshield and is always leaking, sometimes alot. sometimes just a couple dots.
and ive also traced water leaking from the bottom seals of the doors and my carpets are always getting wet when i drive in rain.
nothing crucial, but would like to hear a little remedy if you guys have any to cure the leaking from the doors/ hard top?

Kalums

funny thing is, i was going to ask what people do to seal the rubber on the hardtop/ and doors.
i found that my 14' leaks from the top 2 freedom panels right above the windshield and is always leaking, sometimes alot. sometimes just a couple dots.
and ive also traced water leaking from the bottom seals of the doors and my carpets are always getting wet when i drive in rain.
nothing crucial, but would like to hear a little remedy if you guys have any to cure the leaking from the doors/ hard top?

If yours is a 14' I would take it back to the stealer ship and say "fix it". Just my 2 cents

jeeperjk08

This may not be the case but I'm going to throw this out there just in case : does it smell funny?kinda sweet? Is the liquid slick (more than water) kinda like a really thin oil? Might be a heater core..... But my vote is the top. Had the same problem with my 08 actually ended up replacing the top windshield seal. It didn't have to rain, in FL the dew is heavy enough some times. 😆

Haven't really smelled anything sweet just more of a regular water sitting to long smell. Not mildew but close. I do have problems with my top I do not believe it factory because there are a lot of car jagged edges all the way around it. But I don't have money to replace yet so I will have to deal and just watch it I guess.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
yeah, i thought about that. but dont feel like wasting my time by them telling me "we cant replicate the problem" :rolleyes:
but i guess it would be wortha shot when i have time.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
yeah, i thought about that. but dont feel like wasting my time by them telling me "we cant replicate the problem" :rolleyes:
but i guess it would be wortha shot when i have time.[/QUOTE]

geezz

More than likely the door fit to body is set to close with less effort .. had to bring latch and frnt hinges inboard at tad more than .25 of an inch

Top Bottom