Fire Extinguisher with TrexTop NX

When I had my hard top it wasn't to difficult to get in the tub and get the extinguisher when needed but with the Trex Top NX it is a little more work and might render it un usable - I would prefer to have one up front or at least reachable from the drivers seat but having a hard time finding a good location that doesn't steal all my head room. I am currently trying the roll bar behind the front seats (1 on each side) and we will see how it rides there.

Just a General question: Where do you have your Extinguisher? :beer:

this location requires you to pull it down then out
2015-03-09 12.54.04.jpg

hbkid22

When I had my hard top it wasn't to difficult to get in the tub and get the extinguisher when needed but with the Trex Top NX it is a little more work and might render it un usable - I would prefer to have one up front or at least reachable from the drivers seat but having a hard time finding a good location that doesn't steal all my head room. I am currently trying the roll bar behind the front seats (1 on each side) and we will see how it rides there.

Just a General question: Where do you have your Extinguisher? :beer:

this location requires you to pull it down then out
View attachment 129610

You recently installed a rock hard sport cage? If so I have seen some install an extinguisher on the passenger side of the bottom bar....Just a thought as I have a 2dr with a NX and debating where to put one when I buy it.

Jackal01

I have only one mounted currently. I used the extinguisher bracket and just screwed it to the seat frame. I still have to mount a Halotron and Dry Chem 5 pounders. I have seen pictures of them mounted between the B and C pillars on the inside of the roll bar, I think how you have that one mounted. That is my plan at least and I have a factory soft top.

attachment.php

You recently installed a rock hard sport cage? If so I have seen some install an extinguisher on the passenger side of the bottom bar....Just a thought as I have a 2dr with a NX and debating where to put one when I buy it.

My GF already can't see over the bar so I'm not sure how a new item mounted there would go over. :cheesy:

I have only one mounted currently. I used the extinguisher bracket and just screwed it to the seat frame. I still have to mount a Halotron and Dry Chem 5 pounders. I have seen pictures of them mounted between the B and C pillars on the inside of the roll bar, I think how you have that one mounted. That is my plan at least and I have a factory soft top.

TTFHell recently installed his the same way.

I looked at next to the front seats but the extinguishers I have didn't fit real well and required to be mounted to not rattle around. - maybe need to shop a few different sizes.

ttfhell

Mine don't rattle or move. It is a tight fit though. I drilled through the seat mount with a self tapping screw. One on each front seat. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425934093.500933.jpg

Mine don't rattle or move. It is a tight fit though. I drilled through the seat mount with a self tapping screw. One on each front seat. View attachment 129635

Looks good. Yours does't seem to have as much girth as mine (so to speak) :doh: I couldn't get mine in there. I will have to look at some different models. Maybe I will just mount it to the bottom of the seat.

BTW this thread will now official go down the tubes :cheesy:

Looks good. Yours does't seem to have as much girth as mine (so to speak) :doh: I couldn't get mine in there. I will have to look at some different models. Maybe I will just mount it to the bottom of the seat.

BTW this thread will now official go down the tubes :cheesy:

Hey! This is a family forum, lol

ttfhell

You don't have mastercraft seats yet? :grayno:

Nope. Besides initial the sphincter tear that comes with learning how to get in them it's hard for me to justify the seats when I don't have problems with the stock ones. If I ever went full cage and harness that would be different. I want to say it's like 3k with heated seats and leather. The standard ones look like a plaid couch or my fathers polyester golf pants from 76.

JAGS

Hooked
I will have to look at some different models. Maybe I will just mount it to the bottom of the seat.

I read the thread when IrishJk first joined and it scared the shit out of me. Considering I have my kids in the jeep every day, I wanted something quick for safety.

This was back in summer of '13, but I found a small extinguisher at target and thought I'd give it a try. Maybe they still carry a similar model? The mount that came with it lined up to two existing holes in the seat frame.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425937274.647572.jpg

Granted, it's not going to put out a major fire, but hopefully help enough while somebody grabs another extinguisher. I also still carry a larger one off the roll cage.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
There is no good place to mount it on a two door. I thought about building a bracket to go on the backside of the sound bar but I don't want it to fall off and hit me in the head in the event of and accident.

Other option is behind the center console but I would have to either get a smaller one or cut out the rear cup holders. If I can find a console for cheap I would cut it out and fiberglass it so I don't ruin mine.

The last option would be on the center bar (bar above the console) when I get a cage. But it might interfere with CB and race radio.

Josh27

This is how I have mine. Just rotated it on the roll bar. Requires removing the factory soft top brackets. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430417398.855264.jpg

There is no good place to mount it on a two door. I thought about building a bracket to go on the backside of the sound bar but I don't want it to fall off and hit me in the head in the event of and accident.

Other option is behind the center console but I would have to either get a smaller one or cut out the rear cup holders. If I can find a console for cheap I would cut it out and fiberglass it so I don't ruin mine.

The last option would be on the center bar (bar above the console) when I get a cage. But it might interfere with CB and race radio.

Im gonna attempt to put it on the inside of the rear factory cage behind the soundbar. Is that the PS holder you have? My FS says it weighs 3.5lbs

Top Bottom