Stock rear tire carrier

JK_Jimmy

So I took my tire off my stock carrier to find that there is some tiny cracks near the bolts. Am I ok to put the tire back on or what just wanted to hear people's thoughts ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425935525.845405.jpg

tobias lopez

Not sure about the cracks but I wouldn't if it was me. I do have a stock tire carrier I no longer use. It is yours for cost of shipping if u want it just let me know. Wish u were closer so it wouldn't have to cost you anything.

jmsuitter

Better safe then sorry even though there small its not worth the risk pick up a free one with no cracks and put that on for now just carry your spare in the back inside if you really need it

MikeD

I've seen stock and aftermarket carriers crack from people tightening the lug nuts down to the typical torque you would use on a axle wheel and this will often cause a failure pretty quickly. They need to be tight but not really tight. Just a thought.

ClarksAdventures

Worst case, and last option if you can TIG weld. Put a strip across the top and reinforce it. But I'd just get a new one. :-/ bummer

MarkW13

So I took my tire off my stock carrier to find that there is some tiny cracks near the bolts. Am I ok to put the tire back on or what just wanted to hear people's thoughts ]

You can have mine for the cost of shipping. Its just sitting on the garage floor.

JK_Jimmy

Thanks guy appreciate the feedback I think I'm just going to roll around with out the spare for a while and then I'll just throw on Steve's old stock carrier when he gets back from basic. Anyone have any suggestions for other tire carriers though? That's the one area I haven't decided what I eventually want to go with. I most likely won't buy one till the end of the year but just wanted to get some ideas.

Compshooter

Not to be a d!ck but what would you say to the mother of the four year about the tire that went flying through the windshield on the highway and killed him?

Just fix the issue.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Not to be a d!ck but what would you say to the mother of the four year about the tire that went flying through the windshield on the highway and killed him?

Just fix the issue.

Not to be a dick, but I'm pretty sure he said he was going to roll WITHOUT the spare. :idontknow:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
It does make sense nuts might have been tightened too much. What were the specs of the tire and wheel you had mounted.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Just fix the issue.

Probably could have worded this better and you wouldn't have to say "not to be a dick" when you are.

Top Bottom