Another carrier question

So im going to be carrying a 35x12.50 toyo (on factory rubi wheel), probably on the stock carrier for a bit and wanted to double check some things.

1)doubt very seriously that itll fit under the 3rd brk light... so i was thinking about runnin the rock hard license plate relocator that comes with the led brake light and plate illumination....anybody running this? Thoughts?

2)i currently have no rear bumper and am getting the rear EVO shakle tabs. I was going to get the facia too but it looks like with the above setup, the tire will hit the facia between the frame rails... i thought about putting a wheel spacer behind the spare but im trying to avoid bolting things to things that are bolted to other things....:banghead: what do yall think is the best solution?

MarkW13

2)i currently have no rear bumper and am getting the rear EVO shakle tabs. I was going to get the facia too but it looks like with the above setup, the tire will hit the facia between the frame rails... i thought about putting a wheel spacer behind the spare but im trying to avoid bolting things to things that are bolted to other things....:banghead: what do yall think is the best solution?

Several manufacturers sell tire relocation brackets, but if the bumper is gone you could go with a wheel spacer. I dont think you will have a choice. You are probably going to have to space it out.

Several manufacturers sell tire relocation brackets, but if the bumper is gone you could go with a wheel spacer. I dont think you will have a choice. You are probably going to have to space it out.

Yea those were the kind of things i was thinkin about. Do you any experience with any of them? I saw that rock hard makes one but couldnt find it on their web site.

Clem319

So im going to be carrying a 35x12.50 toyo (on factory rubi wheel), probably on the stock carrier for a bit and wanted to double check some things.

1)doubt very seriously that itll fit under the 3rd brk light... so i was thinking about runnin the rock hard license plate relocator that comes with the led brake light and plate illumination....anybody running this? Thoughts?

I run 35 Toyo's and my brake light is visible. Best pic I had on my phone of it. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425988198.875354.jpg

Clem319

No relocation bracket? Im assuming id need a wheel spaer with stock wheel or no?

No relocation bracket. Not sure on the spacer with a stock rim. I bought the jeep with aftermarket rims and it had the oversized tire carrier adapter for stock carrier. Took that off and it fit much better and brake light was visible.

No relocation bracket. Not sure on the spacer with a stock rim. I bought the jeep with aftermarket rims and it had the oversized tire carrier adapter for stock carrier. Took that off and it fit much better and brake light was visible.

Very nice. Maybe ill just wait and see how it fits and go from there. Seems like it varies from jk to jk on the setup. I was hoping to have all the needed parts ready to go but i may just wait till the tire gets in and see what i need to do.

Top Bottom