RV towing jeep with non OEM bumper question

Kpalas

Hey everyone, looking to tow my JKU behind my rv. I have poison Spyder brawler lite front bumper with skid. Is anyone towing their jeep with aftermarket bumpers, and if so how are you doing it?

Peak

I've seen people make a tow bar that attaches to the d-ring mounts and the opposite end connects to the hitch.

Moochie

I believe Moochie flat tows his Jeep.

I do and with an LOD bumper. I used the same brackets that came with my Falcon 2 tow bar. These are the same brackets I used with my OEM bumper. They had to be modified by a welding shop to work with this bumper.

Here is a photo of the brackets minus the yokes that attach to them. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426031201.893334.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426031266.584706.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426031334.290781.jpg

Kpalas

I've seen people make a tow bar that attaches to the d-ring mounts and the opposite end connects to the hitch.

Yes I've seen that too but I just wasn't sure if I should rely on those that much. The welds on mine are pretty stout, just not sure, or if it's legal.

Clem319

I took this off my jeep. I had to cut the bolts off but you can have it for free if you are ever in central cali ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426034747.262691.jpg

RMC2

Caught the Bug
My tow bar uses the d-ring shackle mounts so I don't loose any more clearance.

Speed bumps are a killer.

Fitzbsly

I flat towed mine to Moab and back and no probs. I bought the light harness from the stealership and made brackets that fit my AEV bumper ( no longer have ) that worked perfect with my blue ox tow bar. Here are a few pics. Need to make new ones for Poison Spyder bumper I got last summer to make it work again.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426051959.909668.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426051982.049693.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426051998.403432.jpg

Top Bottom