Twill Upper Soft Doors???

Kpalas

Does anybody know or has heard if Bedtop or Jeep will be coming out with twill fabric uppers for jeep half doors??

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I can't say for sure as I have not seen them but, I would imagine that any 2013 and up JK that came with a twill top and half doors would also have twill on the half door uppers. Have you tried calling your dealership to see if there's a part number for this?

Kpalas

I can't say for sure as I have not seen them but, I would imagine that any 2013 and up JK that came with a twill top and half doors would also have twill on the half door uppers. Have you tried calling your dealership to see if there's a part number for this?

That was my next step.

I checked with my dealership (who is not the brightest) and they had no clue there was a difference. Now that you mention ordering factory half's with a twill top it should match. I sure hope they do because that will make replacing my top an easier decision.

Kpalas

I checked with my dealership (who is not the brightest) and they had no clue there was a difference. Now that you mention ordering factory half's with a twill top it should match. I sure hope they do because that will make replacing my top an easier decision.

I hear Ya. I called this morning and couldn't get a solid answer. He told me that if I saw the jeep with the uppers I'm looking for to get the vin number and call him back. Really??

Mjay

I hear Ya. I called this morning and couldn't get a solid answer. He told me that if I saw the jeep with the uppers I'm looking for to get the vin number and call him back. Really??

So in other words, he doesn't even know where to begin.

I have called Bestop almost every other month for the last 12 trying to get an update on this. I REALLY want a set of the fabric half doors with uppers, but my OCD mandates the fabric matches. At this time they only offer the Black Diamond and have no information on the production of the doors or uppers in Twill.

Kpalas

It's amazing to me when companies do this. I know half doors aren't that common on Jk's yet but when you come out with a soft top in a new fabric why wouldn't you also make the uppers? Can't be that hard. For that matter, I don't even see uppers for Jk's from Bestop. WTF??

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Does anybody know or has heard if Bedtop or Jeep will be coming out with twill fabric uppers for jeep half doors??

They are not available, and the last time I checked, we're not planning on it. Last year I ordered my 4 door and I wasn't even allowed to order the premium top with half doors. This was not by the dealership, this was straight from Chrysler. I have the regular soft top and run a Trek Armor sunshade underneath it as a kind of headliner. Me personally, I need my half doors far more than the twill soft top. Good luck with whatever you decide.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
It's amazing to me when companies do this. I know half doors aren't that common on Jk's yet but when you come out with a soft top in a new fabric why wouldn't you also make the uppers? Can't be that hard. For that matter, I don't even see uppers for Jk's from Bestop. WTF??

Just a thought as I was re reading this, but Jeep has not redesigned the half doors because there are so few ordered. My 4 door is a 2014 and still has the old style door panels. They have no plans to redesign them.

SAM_0485.jpg

Last edited:

Kpalas

I have a 2014 also. I guess I will just go with the OEM top and order the OEM uppers. Where did you get yours?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I have a 2014 also. I guess I will just go with the OEM top and order the OEM uppers. Where did you get yours?

I ordered the Jeep with them. I know any dealership can order them and color match, but they are expensive. So much so that most end up going with aftermarket doors like Rugged Ridge or Bestop.

Kpalas

I ordered the Jeep with them. I know any dealership can order them and color match, but they are expensive. So much so that most end up going with aftermarket doors like Rugged Ridge or Bestop.

Am I missing it because best I can tell, Bestop doesn't make uppers for Jk's. And the rugged ridge uppers says they don't fit the OEM half doors. ???

Kpalas

Definitely! I can't believe how much weight four full doors and a hardtop adds to the jeep. My TJ came with a hardtop and full doors. Sold them right off and got a soft top and half doors and never regretted it.

Top Bottom