Wave from East Tennessee

sweetwaterjk

Just wanted to take a few minutes to introduce myself. HI!

My name is Thomas Badgett and I am looking at purchasing an 07-14 JK (hopefully Rubicon) and start the incredible build process. The vehicle will start off as my daily driver with some mild weekend wheeling at Windrock Offroad park, and eventually wind up as a dedicated offroad rig. Any input or suggestions of parts/direction that i need to head in is more than appreciated!

Hope to meet some of you all soon!

-Thomas

BlackHat

Welcome, the best advice I could give is stay away from the 3.8L engine, so 201? and newer I believe.

sweetwaterjk

yeah... i know the 07-11 JK's don't have the best engine and the 2012-current has the 3.6L engine, which is a huge improvement. Since i came from an import background.. turbo/supercharging an engine doesn't scare me because i do it right. So, maybe the 3.8L turd motor might be enough... dunno.

-Thomas

BlackHat

i came from an import background.. turbo/supercharging an engine doesn't scare me because i do it right. So, maybe the 3.8L turd motor might be enough... dunno.

There has been successful installs with SCs but don't know about the Turbo and I have heard that the internals on the 3.8L are not all that stout . I also come from a Import background with DSMs and big turbos, and I can't afford the SC route for $6000.00 for the kit, I have a tuner and his Dyno to set it all up, but no MONEY to get the SC kit.

Good luck to you though, hope you find the one for you!

Cheers!

thardy

Banned
Welcome to the Wayalife family from GA. Good luck on your search for your JK. Hopefully you'll be able to join us on one of our trail rides.

Redmow

Greetings!:beer:

A nice place to visit is Little River Canyon in Fort Payne, AL. There are some Jeep trails and logging trails there. And a couple streams to cross. First come/first serve camping along the trails.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Welcome to WAYALIFE :standing wave: from Kinston, NC
Good luck with finding that Rubi bro can't wait to see the build thread when you get it

sweetwaterjk

Thanks everyone! I promise that soon as i find whichever route i do go.. you all will be the first to know!

It is just that i'm torn.. i can get a 07-11 Rubicon for the same price as a base model 12-15. I mean... sure the 12-15 has the newer engine and what not, but does that warrant all the additional upgrades the rubicon will come with? already dana 44 axles, with E-lockers, and the upgraded transfer case. I mean.. how many thousands of dollars would it take to bring a 12-15 up to those same standards?

Decisions..... decisions....

-Thomas

Top Bottom