Which gears?

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Alright guys, so recently i had to trade in my '13 10A and i ended up ordering a '15 2 door sport. They are both 6sp. Ill soon be lifting and installing,

Evo Enforcer 3"
Evo Drag link flip
Atx slabs
37x13.5x17 toyos

Im going to regear asap after the lift and tires are done. My old rubi had the 4.10s and 32s and my new jeep has the 3.21s with the standard 16" rims and tires. A couple questions i have.

Are the 37s and 3.21s going to be completely unbearable just to use for my commute to work?

I miss the power in the 4.10s compared to the 3.21s. So when i regear should i bite the bullet and put 5.13s in my d30 or play it safe and do 4.88s?

Plan on upgrading to a prorock next year. It is my DD and probably take a trip to rausch everyother month. 37s will be the biggest ill go. Thanks in advance guys

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Alright guys, so recently i had to trade in my '13 10A and i ended up ordering a '15 2 door sport. They are both 6sp. Ill soon be lifting and installing,

Evo Enforcer 3"
Evo Drag link flip
Atx slabs
37x13.5x17 toyos

Im going to regear asap after the lift and tires are done. My old rubi had the 4.10s and 32s and my new jeep has the 3.21s with the standard 16" rims and tires. A couple questions i have.

Are the 37s and 3.21s going to be completely unbearable just to use for my commute to work?

I miss the power in the 4.10s compared to the 3.21s. So when i regear should i bite the bullet and put 5.13s in my d30 or play it safe and do 4.88s?

Plan on upgrading to a prorock next year. It is my DD and probably take a trip to rausch everyother month. 37s will be the biggest ill go. Thanks in advance guys

I just jumped to 5.13s, but on a '14 auto. I was running 4.10s with 37" Nittos and I could not even imagine a taller gear, let alone 3.21s.

Do you live in a hilly area? If so, you'll probably be really happy with 5.13s. On the flip side, if you local terrain is relatively flat, 4.88s are a nice match with the 6 speed and 37s.

Evo Enforcer 3"
Evo Drag link flip
Atx slabs
37x13.5x17 toyos

Here is a link to the FAQ on the JK. If you scroll down you will see a gear chart that will help you decide which gears to get.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...-the-JK-Wrangler&p=21019&viewfull=1#post21019

R/
Will

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Don't you need a new carrier also or something? I'm no gear expert. But I wouldn't put 5.13 in a d30.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Bought the tires used until i can afford a new set of 5 next year. Only came with 4 tires but will eventually run my spare in the back of the jeep.

Im leaning more towards 4.88s. I think 4.88s would be best for me

ChaosNein

You will need a new carrier for your FRONT D30 however, a new carrier for the rear D44 (open) will not need a carrier. My opinion, I would go with 5.13s with 37s. They are a bit thin up front though. So if you want a safer r&p, the 4.88 is the way to go.

Top Bottom