Minimal lift for 37s?

Travisbyt

Ok so basically I'm just wanting to know can I run 37s on my 2dr? At the moment I have 4dr rubicon shocks and springs cut bumper and fenders... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

KONPS

I have 35's on my 2 door JK with a 3.5inch lift. I know I have room for 37's but I think a 4 inch lift with 37's would be better. If you go with 37's I would think about the C gussets and ball bearings. I am getting mine redone for added insurance on the front axel. Lot's to consider with those big ol tires

Travisbyt

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself .... Wanting to get 37s now lol and would be getting a lift maybe 3-4 weeks afterward... Im sitting about 1.5 inch higher than stock at the moment

Travisbyt

I have a friend running 37s on his 4dr with just a budget boost not sure how many inch though because the lift was on the jeep when he bought it....

CJW

It depends on how much travel your willing to lose. You can not lift your jeep and use huge bump stops and get away with 37s. But that would make your jeep pretty much unusable.
I think the standard has been found to be 3 in lift with flat fenders or 4 in lift with uncut fenders for 37s. -This is for trying to do as little lift as possible.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
It depends on how much travel your willing to lose. You can not lift your jeep and use huge bump stops and get away with 37s. But that would make your jeep pretty much unusable.
^^^ This is about right.

Running 37s at the mall/around town is one thing but if you are really going to get into some flex situations you need at least 3.5" - 4" of lift, and 4" is typical for clearance reasons. I've got the 4" Enforcer with 37s and I've had my tires stuffed so far into the fenders i'd have rubbed if I didn't have that .5" extra to spare. Mine is a JKUR.

I do see lots of people running more than 4" but I personally wouldn't go any higher because of the effect height has on your COG.

Peak

I'm running 37 tires, 2.5 lift, and cut fenders. But I've got BFGs so they are like 35's but you should be okay with a 3" lift and flats.

warnabrother

my mate runs 37's on a 2dr with a 2" lift and flat flares/fenders..
correctly bump stopped with 27/28" shocks, his rig works well.. 30% up travel, 70% down travel

10687062_10153149109844488_1652167603278577653_n.jpg

75987_10152682714149488_696263239_n.jpg

Last edited:

Travisbyt

I'm wanting to run the nitto trails 37x12.50x17 i don't need a lot of travel and I'm only trying to see if it will work for a couple weeks until I get a lift..... Even then when I'm lifted I only do a little mudding here and there ......

Top Bottom