Rear bumper bolts

Msessa

First post but I've been trolling for awhile now.

I put a gobi roof rack on my jeep yesterday but when I took off the stock rear bumper, I destroyed every bolt and nut on there and now I can't put the rear bumper back on. Any help would be killer.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426207768.972011.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426207750.914445.jpg

Wave from LA

sjd78

The cheapest way to correct the problem would be to find someone who has a stock rear bumper laying around for little or no money.

jeeeep

Hooked
did you strip out the inserts? if so, go to ACE hardware, take a bolt with you, they have all types on inserts - you can probably find something that will work

sjd78

I can't really tell on my phone what the problem is.

It looks as though on the driver side the nutserts that are molded into the rear bumper have been pulled out and the ones on the passenger side are cracked.

Msessa

It looks as though on the driver side the nutserts that are molded into the rear bumper have been pulled out and the ones on the passenger side are cracked.

This is exactly what happened. Would replacing the nutserts with new ones work? I'll go to ace tomorrow but would I need a slightly bigger nutsert to now fill this holes or would the same size work?

trailless

Caught the Bug
The cheapest way to correct the problem would be to find someone who has a stock rear bumper laying around for little or no money.

This might be a good choice. I found a few on Craigslist in the LA area for under $60.

If you do try the nutsert route. Take the one you stripped out and get a wider one that'll fit the same bolt.

sjd78

This is exactly what happened. Would replacing the nutserts with new ones work? I'll go to ace tomorrow but would I need a slightly bigger nutsert to now fill this holes or would the same size work?

It's hard to say whether new nutserts would work or not. I suppose it will be trial and error. Otherwise put some feelers out with local clubs and post in the "want to buy" section on the forums as well as keep an eye on Craigslist. Or if you're ever passing through Bakersfield let me know, I still have the one from my jeep.

Last edited:
Top Bottom