lift concerns

2country

hi to all. I recently installed a Rubicon Express 7141 2.5" spring coil lift on my 2015 JK 2 door. it yielded almost 4 inches of lift and rode like a log truck. So, I replaced the shocks and steering damper with Bilstein 5100's. much improved ride but now I'm beginning to notice a "whirring" noise (best description I can offer) during acceleration and auto trans is shifting at odd times. could these issues be the result of the extra lift? turns out, the lift I installed was for an unlimited. thanks in advance.

jeeeep

Hooked
hi to all. I recently installed a Rubicon Express 7141 2.5" spring coil lift on my 2015 JK 2 door. it yielded almost 4 inches of lift and rode like a log truck. So, I replaced the shocks and steering damper with Bilstein 5100's. much improved ride but now I'm beginning to notice a "whirring" noise (best description I can offer) during acceleration and auto trans is shifting at odd times. could these issues be the result of the extra lift? turns out, the lift I installed was for an unlimited. thanks in advance.

what type/size tires are you using?

jeeeep

Hooked
if the tires are bigger than stock that came with the Jeep you'll need to get a programmer to set the shift points for your new tire size.

you really didn't need the Bilstein steering stabilizer but it's on now, they tend to push to one side over the stock unit.

Did you check your caster angle afterwards?

Did you loosen the trackbar and control arms then with the Jeep sitting on the ground give the front end a few bounces to release any possible binding and then while it's still on the ground tighten everything you loosened back to torque specs?

noroad

lol why did you install an unlimited lift in your 2 door? you could have just ordered a 4 inch lift from them? As for the problem do you have bigger tires?( shiffting at weird times in and auto would be from not reprogramming the speedo). that much lift the front drive shaft might be rubbing.

Top Bottom