What should I do first ?

Brod

Hey guys, I'm new to the jeep world. Just bought a 2014 jku sport 3.21s got a procomp 4" lift and 35" mt on 17"procomp wheels. I got everything done at the dealer so that my warranty is still covered. My tailgate is getting replaced by the dealer and they are also "supposibly" gonna by me a tire carrier. Still waiting on the money.

My question today was what should o do first ?

Do I get gears installed ?( I'm in Canada so it's 2650$ tax in to get 4.88 Yukon gears )
Or
Do I invest in body armor/skid plates lights etc?

Eventually I will be getting everything done but I'm wondering what's worth doing first ?

Thanks for all the help!
Brody

Hey guys, I'm new to the jeep world. Just bought a 2014 jku sport 3.21s got a procomp 4" lift and 35" mt on 17"procomp wheels. I got everything done at the dealer so that my warranty is still covered. My tailgate is getting replaced by the dealer and they are also "supposibly" gonna by me a tire carrier. Still waiting on the money.

My question today was what should o do first ?

Do I get gears installed ?( I'm in Canada so it's 2650$ tax in to get 4.88 Yukon gears )
Or
Do I invest in body armor/skid plates lights etc?

Eventually I will be getting everything done but I'm wondering what's worth doing first ?

Thanks for all the help!
Brody

If it were me I would get the gears done because 35's on 3.21 gears is going to be painful. As for armor I would invest in a set of frame mounted sliders like the EVO or what I have LoD Signature Series sliders which offer a step that SWMBO and the boy like. Edit You will need a programmer like AEV Procal to program your computer for the new gears unless your shop doing your gears will do it. Edit 2. Check with Northrdige in Canada to see if they are running any deals on gear packages.

yoyoyeo02

I like the idea of gears first. Will take a lot of the strain off the drive line to turn 35's with 3.21 gears. Just my opinion. Armor is no good if you cant get anywhere to utilize it.. :yup: Oh, congrats on the new jeep.

YoYo

ChrisMR589

Just like the input of the other above me, gears first. I've still got 3.73's on 35's and its brutal. Then I would throw some C Gussets on the 30. http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-AXLEGUSSETS
You will also need to do the programmer to adjust the speedo for the tires and also when you get around to the regear. Make sure you get the programmer that does gearing. I would definitely make sure you're getting a tire carrier on the back for the spare. The 35" will wreck the factory and could also warp your tailgate.

Brod

Oh I forgot to mention when I bought the jeep they already had smithy built bolt on rock rail/steps

Edit: what programer would you guys recommend ?

My tailgate is warped already the dealer is replacing it. And now I need to pick what carrier I want . I was thinking Evo carrier but they aren't willing to pay for it .. Also looking at the new PSD CARRIER over the genright.

At the same time so indecisive on bumper carrier or body carrier .. I go back and forth

Thanks for all the info . I was thinking gears too

Last edited:

JK LYF

1. Gears
2. Flashcal superchip
3. Evo C gussets

Like the others stated above, 35s on those gears are gonna be tough. The flashcal will reset and the c gussets will help the d30.

Brod

1. Gears
2. Flashcal superchip
3. Evo C gussets

Like the others stated above, 35s on those gears are gonna be tough. The flashcal will reset and the c gussets will help the d30.

Sound good so from what I gather do all that before getting bumpers and skids

Peak

I'd get the gears first, while you're at it have them weld on some C's. That's what I did and it was a great decision. The stock skid plates are pretty good, you don't need much maybe a ProTek system. I'd do some wheeling first and see what you like. As for lights, all you really need is some trucklites, those are pretty sufficient!

jeeeep

Hooked
My tailgate is warped already the dealer is replacing it. And now I need to pick what carrier I want . I was thinking Evo carrier but they aren't willing to pay for it .. Also looking at the new PSD CARRIER over the genright.

At the same time so indecisive on bumper carrier or body carrier .. I go back and forth

Thanks for all the info . I was thinking gears too

it's a 2014 and the tailgate is already warped? did they mount the spare 35 loose on the tailgate or have you gone wheeling and caught the spare going off ledges?

if the spare was put on properly so it did not allow for wiggle and the tailgate bump stops were set to be firm against the spare your tailgate shouldn't be warped.

take a look at the AEV tire carrier for the stock JK bumper.

jman_12

As many others have stated, I'd highly recommend re gearing to 4.88, and then maybe add a new bumper or lights later down the line

Brod

I'm in New Brunswick Canada .

They never installed bump stops the just bolted the 35 on and away I went with out knowing at the time. I open my tail gate every day and with all the snow storms we have Ben having I notest snow getting in throught the tail gate and the rear glass and then I netesed the spot welds on my tailgate getting pulled

Last edited:

Brod

I'd get the gears first, while you're at it have them weld on some C's. That's what I did and it was a great decision. The stock skid plates are pretty good, you don't need much maybe a ProTek system. I'd do some wheeling first and see what you like. As for lights, all you really need is some trucklites, those are pretty sufficient!

Thanks for the info I was thinking trucklites ! What do you think or the quadratek headlights ?

Mike_D

LED headlamps won't be compatible with Canadian spec Jeeps due to the daytime running lamps. You'd have to buy the harness from a place like SMS that runs lights off a dedicated circuit and then you'd still lose DRLs.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
LED headlamps won't be compatible with Canadian spec Jeeps due to the daytime running lamps. You'd have to buy the harness from a place like SMS that runs lights off a dedicated circuit and then you'd still lose DRLs.

What? Trucklite LED headlights are plug and play. If you have DRL's now you would have them if you install trucklites.

Brod

I think northridge 4x4 sells a kit with the anty flicker harness would that work ?

Top Bottom