Help with new shocks and springs

I currently have a 4 inch rough country lift and want to put new shocks and springs because the ride sucks. I was thinking plush rides or rock krawler. But my question is what shocks should I get to go with these. It is my daily driver and I also wheel it but not to hard. I'm taking a trip from Houston to Utah and Colorado this summer and want something that will last. Also are the plush rides only made for 4 doors? So how much lift will I actually get. Thanks in advance

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I would go with the 3" plush ride on your jeep. Looks like you have flat fenders. I would look at Rancho shocks also.

mattfl

I just replaced my blown rough countries with Bilstein 5100s and could not be happier! I'll be replacing the RC springs with the 3" plush rides as well here next week.

I replace Pro-Comp 2.5 inch coils and shocks with Plush Rides and Rancho RS9000XL's. My jeep is my daily driver and love the fact I can dial in the shock to match my ride. Highly recommend it. If you were closer I would take you for a ride.

toxicwaste29

Rock krawler springs would probably not be much softer unless there new coils are a huge difference over their old ones which I have. I would go plush

matt1171

If all you have are the basic twin tube shocks that came with the lift, you'll notice a huge difference in ride quality going with a decent monotube shock like the Bilstein 5100s.

Are the plush rides going to be to soft? And why do yall recommend those shocks over like fox? Is a remote reservoir worth it? Thanks

Jake Wilson

Are the plush rides going to be to soft? And why do yall recommend those shocks over like fox? Is a remote reservoir worth it? Thanks

They only mentioned those because they are running them. Fox and King are a lot more exspensive. I run the EVO plush with King Spec 2.0. As for the reservoir, all the reservoir does is allow the shocks to stay cooler. If you plan on being on really rocky roads (gravel) a lot then reservoirs will help your shocks last. Otherwise they will last as long as you do proper maintance.

If I get the evo plush rides 3 inch will I get about 4inches of lift on my 2 door with Evo front bumper, tire carrier, eventually rear bumper and rock sliders and skid plates down the road?

Sorry to bring this thread up but I have a quick question.
I'm getting 3 inch evo springs but need to know which shock length to get from northridge's website. What shock lengths are you guys running on a 2 door with 3 inch evo springs.

Top Bottom