Zeon synthetic line install

xrocknrollx

I have been trying to get the synthetic line through the drum for too long now. I broke the zip tie included after the loop was 25% through the drum, tried using my own zip ties and they also continue to break at the same position while being pulled.

Any tips that would help me get the line through the drum would be appreciated.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't had a chance to work with a Zeon before but I do know what the drum looks like. Is it the rope is bunching up as you pulling it through?

I have been trying to get the synthetic line through the drum for too long now. I broke the zip tie included after the loop was 25% through the drum, tried using my own zip ties and they also continue to break at the same position while being pulled.

It is an extreme pain in the ass. I finally got a heavy piece of wire and got it through. Just keep trying.

Panda

A piece of electrical wire will pull it through without breaking

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Use a clothes hanger. Spend the time to get the kinks out of a "unbent" clothes hanger. Fold it into a "u" and then use that to pull the rope through. I tried numerous sizes of wire ties and even small gauge wire. All of them broke trying to pull he rope through. It's a PITA but the clothes hanger worked for me.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I just had the same problem installing my 10-s. Broke the cheap zip tie provided, so I used 2 HD zip ties and some saliva on the loop... slipped right through.

xrocknrollx

What a PITA they really shouldn't give you a zip tie. It was easy using a wire to pull it through.

Thanks for the advice.

IMAG0295.jpg

holaCG

It is probably hard to see but I couldn't get it to fit the life of me so I had to use a little mechanical advantage with some pulleys and some 14ga copper wire... Zip tie lasted about two seconds. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426365521.670045.jpg

Top Bottom