Radiator just took a dump!

AMEChambers

Hello all. My radiator just sprung a Nast leak... My jk is my only vehicle I own... Before I get my new radiator delivered from Napa is there any other parts I need? It looks like a fairly simple job..

Rebel JK

Depends how many miles on the rest of the parts. If high miles Id do new hoses, clamps, maybe a new belt while its apart.

Peak

New hoses and clamps, make sure you put in the correct coolant as well there's a thread on here about that. Also check if it comes with a cap not all the radiators come with a new cap

AMEChambers

Copy thanks guys... Got my old radiator out... Pretty easy, the only pita was the damn tray at the bottom that deflects objects... Little plastic screws are hidden all over the place. Just waiting on my new radiator to arrive now. When I disconnected the transmission cooler line it pissed out air for a good three minutes... Is air in the lines going to be something I need to worry about or will it build its own pressure once I turn the engine on?

AMEChambers

New radiator in. Overheating and spraying of fluid fixed. I'm guessing the above question of all the pressure coming out when I loosened the transmission cooler lines has something to do with the airconditioning system because now I have no cold a/c. Will one of those simple a/c system refills do the job??? Thank you for any help or advice in advance!

tapcola

What year do you have ? It sounds like you unbolted AC condenser . which will mean you will have to pull it into a vacuum and recharge it. I just put a new one in and didn't have to separate anything .

AMEChambers

A 2007... I'm pretty sure I pulled the wrong lines. It pissed out air for a few minutes.. Will a simple recharge kit from the local auto shop fix the issue?

Top Bottom