Pulls right when braking hard

scooter k

I have a 2015 Unlimited Rubicon. When braking hard it pulls to the right which then you steer left causing the ABS to activate thinking your in a slide. I have a 3" EVO lift and 35" tires. I have 1200 miles on it. Anyone have any ideas? Normal braking it's fine.

Armydog

The pumpkin (2005 TJR) was pullin hard to the left when breaking hard and or often. Turned out to be a gummed up right brake caliper that was not fully releasing when I was off the breaks. This causes the right pads and rotor to overheat and then fade, thus the pull to the opposite side. Replaced the caliper and bled the lines and now she is good to go. Hope that helps.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
A few questions for you:
1. Did you align your Jeep after the lift?
2. Do you have a programmer to recalibrate your Jeep for the larger tires?
3. Did you get the drag link flip kit?

jeeeep

Hooked
do you have aftermarket wheels? if so, did you remove the temp washer they put on at the factory to hold the disk brake in place?
also check your calipers, you'll need someone in the jeep to press the brakes, see if the left side is hanging any.
since it's so new, take it to the dealer and have them checked

scooter k

do you have aftermarket wheels? if so, did you remove the temp washer they put on at the factory to hold the disk brake in place?
also check your calipers, you'll need someone in the jeep to press the brakes, see if the left side is hanging any.
since it's so new, take it to the dealer and have them checked

I do have aftermarket wheels and did remove the retaining washer for the rotors.

Mikead40

I agree with most of the above posts - it is most likely a caliper that is getting hung up. See if you can tell a temperature difference (ideally with an IR gun) at the rotors after driving it and braking a few times.

I had this problem a few weeks back (mine was pulling left though) - when I took the wheels off it seemed like the calipers were working fine and that if there was a difference in applied force to the rotors it was slight (rotor temps were about the same). So I just bled the brakes and the problem went away.

BumblebeeZA

I had a similar problem where mine was pulling to the left, I also went through most of the above mentioned.

Turned out to be oil on the inner right disk.
Could also be something as simple as oil on your left disk as well. So check that, if you suspect you see any oil give it a good clean with brake disk cleaner or something similar.

I must of driven through a Landrovers path and some oil splashed up from the tarmac :cheesy:

Ok so you have a 2015 Jeep and when you apply the breaks it pulls hard right. Why not take it back to the dealer and have them check it out and warranty the parts. That is just me.

Top Bottom