Hurricane Sandy

Aeraun

One of the things that drew me to buying a Jeep and becoming part of the Jeep way of life, besides the obvious - reliability, off road capabilities, comfort, looks, legacy and overall bad assness of the Jeep brand - was an idea and feeling that you can achieve only by taking all the previous and effectively putting it all in one package. I'm not really sure exactly what to call it. I like to think of it as something of a feeling of comfort that Jeepers can only feel while inside our Jeeps, maybe a sense of invincibility from the outside world, but no matter what you label it, I know everyone on here knows exactly what I am talking about and that's another reason why I'm proud to be a part of this. I live in Staten Island, and as most of you probably know we got hit pretty hard from this week's past storm. I was lucky enough to not have been effected that badly - lost power for about four days - many parts of the island are in chaos. People's homes swept clean away. Now people are killing each other for gas. Its a mess. And in mean time I've had to drive through all of this to work 10-12hr shifts everyday. But I never felt uneasy at any point while in my JKu cause I knew that every time I turned down a street, whatever was down there I had a fighting chance to overcome it in my Jeep. And I guess I'd like to take a moment to thank Eddie and the wayalife crew for personally inspiring me to become part of the Jeep way of life with their videos.

Smizar

It good news that you survived the disaster with minimal carnage and that a vehicle that we have all held in such high regard for so many years is helping you keep going with your daily life.. Are you the the one that made the news a few days ago driving though flooded city streets in the white 4dr?...lol

Aeraun

Smizar said:
It good news that you survived the disaster with minimal carnage and that a vehicle that we have all held in such high regard for so many years is helping you keep going with your daily life.. Are you the the one that made the news a few days ago driving though flooded city streets in the white 4dr?...lol

Nah, wasnt me. I drove around Wednesday night to see how things were. Turned on a side street and it was flooded bad. Looked at the Jeep emblem in the middle of my steering wheel, put it in 4wd, and took my foot off the brake. Water was maybe 1/3 its way up the door. Maybe little more. Ironic that my first offroad water crossing experience was on a city side street

Top Bottom