Who do you use for Insurance on your highly modified rig?

Mdrnizd

I'm curious as to what insurance company some of you are using with your highly modified rigs? I've looked into multiple options and no one wants to insure these things for more than 10k over what the standard value of the Jeep is? I would like to insure mine for a stated value a little more than that, but as soon as I do they want to limit my mileage to 6k per year. Has anyone else come up with someone that will do it, or is everyone just hoping nothing happens?

Metal Monkey

I'm curious as to what insurance company some of you are using with your highly modified rigs? I've looked into multiple options and no one wants to insure these things for more than 10k over what the standard value of the Jeep is? I would like to insure mine for a stated value a little more than that, but as soon as I do they want to limit my mileage to 6k per year. Has anyone else come up with someone that will do it, or is everyone just hoping nothing happens?

I'm insured through State Farm. I bought a '15 JKU sport in December. When I told them the mods it had and that I also wanted to insure everything, they said to email them the receipts for any aftermarket parts and they would let me know how much my premium goes up by. For just the hemi, it went up by $10/month. They haven't really batted an eye at the bumpers, rock rails, and carrier. My total annual premium is just over $800.

srosario

I also have usaa, and I called them last week on the subject, and they said they would only cover $5k of accessories

StrizzyChris

I am with Erie Insurance for all of 5 of our vehicles, primary property, and rental properties......and oddly enough, changing my Jeep from stock with full coverage to a "highly modified" policy and insured up to 100K decreased my yearly premium by $75 :crazyeyes:

Edit: and they treated me extremely well and responded quickly with my only claim about 4 years ago. A semi lost a retread at highway speeds which took out my windshield and entire front of my Acura and kept on rolling. So far, nothing but good things to say about them!

Last edited:

Brankz

I'm insured through State Farm. I bought a '15 JKU sport in December. When I told them the mods it had and that I also wanted to insure everything, they said to email them the receipts for any aftermarket parts and they would let me know how much my premium goes up by. For just the hemi, it went up by $10/month. They haven't really batted an eye at the bumpers, rock rails, and carrier. My total annual premium is just over $800.

You have a low premium lol clean driving record? I think my was around 1k

David1tontj

I'm with State Farm. My wife says they will cover everything. I just trust her since she worked in insurance for several years. Most of the other companies we talked to didn't even want to insure it with so much lift.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
I am using Allstate, but Liberty Mutual covers extras as well

Careful with Allstate. I just switched to State Farm because Allstate covers up to $1,000 in aftermarket equipment. My sister works for Allstate at a corporate level and she said there is no option for additional coverage either.

With State Farm, their policy is that anything bolted/permanently attached to the vehicle is covered (minus depreciation) providing you have proof of purchase.

JDDK

Always a good idea to read your policy and review your coverages, exclusions and limits. As an ex adjuster, only about 2% of people had any clue of what actual coverage they currently have....

jeeeep

Hooked
I may have to switch from Allstate, I requested a quote for the mods and they went silent after I handed them the list and receipt copies.

NV375

So far Farmer's has done us good. Wife has had multiple claims including two total loss (1 home 1 auto) plus other auto claims and still have low rates.

2011jk

I'd make sure the written policy has stated value in it or you may find they don't cover full value. Agents are somewhat like car salesman..will tell you what you want to hear.

CJW

I have geico and they said they'd only cover $1K and the mods had to be installed by a professional.

Top Bottom