From BB to Coil lift

Jay_r24

How's it! I have a 2011 JKU on 35"s with a 2.5" Teraflex budget boost and Bilstein 5100 shocks. I am wanting to replace the pucks with coils, I was thinking 3" coils but I know that the lift tends to exceed 3" when installing coils. Would this cause a problem with my driveshaft? I have heard it would and others say it wouldn't. Would I be better off goin with 2.5 coils? Will that get me closer to 3"? Also other than the coils what other things will I need? Any recommendations on coils? Much appreciated.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How's it! I have a 2011 JKU on 35"s with a 2.5" Teraflex budget boost and Bilstein 5100 shocks. I am wanting to replace the pucks with coils, I was thinking 3" coils but I know that the lift tends to exceed 3" when installing coils. Would this cause a problem with my driveshaft? I have heard it would and others say it wouldn't. Would I be better off goin with 2.5 coils? Will that get me closer to 3"? Also other than the coils what other things will I need? Any recommendations on coils? Much appreciated.

Pretty much EVERY 2.5" coil I have ever seen, installed and tested has yielded MORE than 3" of lift. Assuming your shocks are short enough to prevent too much droop, you should be fine with your front drive shaft for a while anyway. You'll be fine for a while with rear. If you don't have one already, you will want an adjustable front track bar or a drag link flip/track bar relocation bracket installed. Extended brake lines would be good if you don't have them as would adjustable front lower control arms to dial in your caster.

Jay_r24

Pretty much EVERY 2.5" coil I have ever seen, installed and tested has yielded MORE than 3" of lift. Assuming your shocks are short enough to prevent too much droop, you should be fine with your front drive shaft for a while anyway. You'll be fine for a while with rear. If you don't have one already, you will want an adjustable front track bar or a drag link flip/track bar relocation bracket installed. Extended brake lines would be good if you don't have them as would adjustable front lower control arms to dial in your caster.

Thank you sir. I have the brake line relocation bracket, would this work or would the lines actually need to be extended?

I upgraded my 2.5 inch Pro-Comp coils to the EVO 3 inch Plush Rides with minimal gain in lift. I verified this by measuring the driver side front fender. Additionally I went with the Crown 4-6 inch lift extended brake lines because I know my lift will change and only wanted to do the brake lines once.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I was looking at EVO plush rides but those only come in 3" or 4". I'm going to go with 2.5" so starting to look at other options.

As Eddie mentioned, most 2.5" coils will give you more than 2.5" of lift. These half sizes are kind of throwing people off with the hopes of not having to get a new front drive shaft.
The evo coils are a nice choice. I run the 3" coils in my jeep.

Top Bottom