Bumper opinions??

Ok I've been in the market for a bumper tie carrier combo.

I'm down to three but my brain won't let me barrow it down from there.

1. EVO tire carrier
2. Poison spyder rock brawler bumper and tire carrier
3 LoD signature series shorty bumper and tire carrier

Has anyone had more than one of these and has any opinions on them.
I'm stock right now but I'm going to go to at least a 37" tire.
It's a 2dr jk.
I'm sure I would be happy with any of these options. That's the problem.

jboo53

The LOD bumper and carrier is nice, that's what I have on my 2 door. Installs pretty simple and it's a really solid bumper. It's also nice having the door linked carrier, don't have to open two separate things

desertrunner

Ok I've been in the market for a bumper tie carrier combo.

I'm down to three but my brain won't let me barrow it down from there.

1. EVO tire carrier
2. Poison spyder rock brawler bumper and tire carrier
3 LoD signature series shorty bumper and tire carrier

Has anyone had more than one of these and has any opinions on them.
I'm stock right now but I'm going to go to at least a 37" tire.
It's a 2dr jk.
I'm sure I would be happy with any of these options. That's the problem.

I cant speak to the top 2 but I have the LOD gen 3 sig series but in the full width option and honestly I wish I had something different. First off that thing is like an elephant sitting on the back of my jeep its so damn heavy. Since I have the full width it rubs really bad on my 37s (shouldn't be an issue with the stub version). The little tiny U bolt latch that is supposed to hold back all that extra weight of the spare snapped on me and the stopping mechanism was gunked up with dirt so it swung open and dented the side of my jeep. With that said thought there are plenty of good things about it. I held up very very very well beating the shit out of it on the rocks it took some hits that hurt my back inside but barely even left a scratch. All the mounting options for the HiLift the jerry cans the CB radio I use them all and I love it, very easy to mount and gives you plenty of options for storage. It was super easy to install, If I remember right you drill 2 holes on each side run the bolts through and your good to go just get a buddy to help you lift it, so you don't have to mess with the evo nutserts and body mounting stuff. I have my 37 mounted on the lowest setting on the carrier and it holds it very well and I can see RELITIVLY well out of the back.

Is it a great bumper... yes. would I buy it again.... no. however if I had the stubby I might think different mostly because the full width rubs really bad on the 37s.

hope that helps :thumb:

StrizzyChris

So, just to be clear, the EVO carrier is only a carrier that also requires you to purchase their rear skins. If you want a bumper, that is a separate piece as well and would needed to be added.

Of the other two, I like the "rugged" look of the LoD bumper and carrier the best. If I were to build a smooth or flashy JK, then I would chose the PS bumper and carrier. It is sexy! :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've run the LOD tire carrier and still run the EVO. Both are GREAT options but as mentioned, the EVO will require you to get their rear armor. The LOD is a lot easier to use but if you bomb through the desert a lot, the EVO carrier would bet the best of all 3 as it will do the best of securing your spare in place.

I have the LoD Full Width rear bumper with the Gen III tire carrier and love it. It is an elephant but when push come to shove I like having all that steel around me in the event of some idiot decides they need to remodel my Jeep. I have LoD front bumper and signature sliders too.

Oh they are made in America.

Panda

I had the ps bumber for awhile and it was very nice only problem I had with it is I would drag it in some rough spots, I switched to the evo system mostly because it looks so dam good ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426688998.371985.jpg

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
I had the ps bumber for awhile and it was very nice only problem I had with it is I would drag it in some rough spots, I switched to the evo system mostly because it looks so dam good View attachment 131527

I know this is a bit off subject but Panda this is the first time I have seen your Jeep with the EVO carrier and 35's. I love the way it looks definitely a must for my future build. :thumb:

Panda

I know this is a bit off subject but Panda this is the first time I have seen your Jeep with the EVO carrier and 35's. I love the way it looks definitely a must for my future build. :thumb:

Thanks man I'm very happy with it but thinking 37's in my future:rock:

Sorry guys just woke up (graveyard shift is killing me)

Dammit that evo tire carrier just looks so good.

I really do think that's the route I'm going to go.

Now the wife is asking how easy hard it is to open close. She isn't very strong because of about three years of physical therapy from two accidents.

She is getting a JKU by the end of the year to replace her 2014 Cherokee.

Thanks for all the help you guys have given me. It was enough to finally convince me.

Panda

Sorry guys just woke up (graveyard shift is killing me)

Dammit that evo tire carrier just looks so good.

I really do think that's the route I'm going to go.

Now the wife is asking how easy hard it is to open close. She isn't very strong because of about three years of physical therapy from two accidents.

She is getting a JKU by the end of the year to replace her 2014 Cherokee.

Thanks for all the help you guys have given me. It was enough to finally convince me.

It's not a one handed operation like the LOD and PS but my lovely fiancé crawler kitty can open it while holding her purse :yup:

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Thanks man I'm very happy with it but thinking 37's in my future:rock:

That's awesome bro I would eventually go 37s, but I was happy to finally see a pic of the carrier with 35s mounted on it so it gives me an idea of what it looks like

ScottMc

The LOD bumper and carrier is nice, that's what I have on my 2 door. Installs pretty simple and it's a really solid bumper. It's also nice having the door linked carrier, don't have to open two separate things

What's your opinion on the door linked carrier system? Is it solid and doesn't rattle around? That's the one I'm pretty set on but can't quite get a good idea of how the door linked thing works. Poison Spyder had some nice videos showing their's in operation but there's not much from LoD. I like the add on's with LoD and I need a real tow hitch receiver. PSC is for recovery only.

Edited to add: Thank You!

Top Bottom