Adj. Track bar ques?

srosario

1.Can I have a adj. Track bar pair with a relocation bracket?
I recently did a track bar relocation bracket and wen I fitted the track bar I notice I had to raise the vehicle hire to fit it. It was a little to long, it was at it shortest lenght.

2. Do I have to install a stock one back?
I need to order one, that's why I would like to know which one I order. And I do not know what brand this one is. The frame side, nut/rod connection is moving vertically, very little but it's annoying. Also I don't have a steering stabilizer yet, I've Been driving about 2000 miles with out it, trying to find any problems, I have a little bumpsteer.
3. Could the trackbar be the prob?

Attachments

• 1426699080090.jpg
    1426699080090.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Kind of hard to tell what you have. What do you have installed? Drag link flip? Brands?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you installed a drag link flip and track bar relocation bracket, you should just be running your factory track bar as most adjustable aftermarket ones will have a shortest length that is too long.

toxicwaste29

I may be wrong but the trackbar only centers the axle. It wouldn't affect backsteer. When I installed my relocation bracket I keep my track bar the same length as it was before granted it was 0* out and I didn't want to mess with it. Now that it is warmer I need to measure everything and adjust if needed

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think he meant bump steer. But I'm not sure.

Totally missed that the first time I read through his post. IF in fact he has bump steer, I have to wonder if he installed dropped pitman arm or drag link flip with his track bar relocation bracket. IF not, that would be the source of it.

srosario

4" lift
Ok so installs are
Synergy
Relocation brackets
Drag link flit kit
Drag link
Tie rod
Ball joints
No drop pitman arm
Bilsteins 5100, up to 4.5" lift

And wen I move the steering wheel left to right, there's a small vertical play in the drag link bar were it connects to the end.

Thanks eddie, I have to order the stock lenght track bar then.

Last edited:

olram30

I guess just throw on a factory track bar to fix the nut hitting the bracket. Not sure what brand the track bar is, doesn't look like synergy.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Vertical play in the drag link joints is a sign they are worn out. Rotational movement is normal, however, vertical is not.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
As another note, I am running the AEV Track Bar Bracket along with their drag link flip. I'm also using the Synergy Trackbar and it can be adjusted to stock length.

That said, I haven't been really impressed with it an will probably end up back with the stock trackbar at some point. When the trackbar only had 5,000mi on it, the axle side heim joint developed a clunk and a bit of play. Just a week ago, I replaced the frame side bushings due to them being worn out and having excessive play. Both issues were taken care of under warranty, but I really don't think it's worth the hassle.

olram30

As another note, I am running the AEV Track Bar Bracket along with their drag link flip. I'm also using the Synergy Trackbar and it can be adjusted to stock length.

That said, I haven't been really impressed with it an will probably end up back with the stock trackbar at some point. When the trackbar only had 5,000mi on it, the axle side heim joint developed a clunk and a bit of play. Just a week ago, I replaced the frame side bushings due to them being worn out and having excessive play. Both issues were taken care of under warranty, but I really don't think it's worth the hassle.

Lol, noisy pos isn't it. Here's mine. Sitting in the garage floor. Waste of money.

Attachments

• 1426705501720.jpg
    1426705501720.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 55
Top Bottom