Inner Fender w/Evo DTD?

steadfast91

Has any one trimmed up their factory front plastic inner fenders to work with the front Evo DTD?
What are the pros and cons to running with or with out inner fenders? I have some concerns with a lot of the electrical components being open to the elements. What are your thoughts?

ChaosNein

Has any one trimmed up their factory front plastic inner fenders to work with the front Evo DTD?
What are the pros and cons to running with or with out inner fenders? I have some concerns with a lot of the electrical components being open to the elements. What are your thoughts?

Come on... Do you not trust me? LOL! No honestly you will be fine. The FRONT DTD tower takes up so much room up there, that even if you did trim and get the fender liner back in there, you really are not stopping too much water and debris from getting anywhere it would get without them.

and besides, they are not white, so they can't go back on... LOL!

GCM 2

Also, as Drew conveniently left out..... It's just going to look really stupid.

Edit: for clarity, that's running trimmed fender well liners.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

CONS: Nothing
PROS: You actually get a bit more cooling to an otherwise HOT motor. It's a lot easier to access things like your spark plugs and hose fittings on your power steering pump. You don't have to figure out how to cut up a factory fender liner to somehow make it fit and not look like ass.

Trust me, I have been running without liners for about 6 years now and without any issues.

BlackHawk08jk

I've been running mine in the mud and creeks and wet/ snowy weather for at least two years without in fenders with no trouble. I would not worry about them.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I think the above advice from these people is sketchy. You should start an online poll on the forum and get the advice from anonymous people instead. :thumb:

ttfhell

Why are those 3.0 Kings? Please tell me the cat is not out of the bag that you can get 3.0 bypass shocks? My stars, what will all of us do that have the out dated 2.5 King bypasses? How will we keep up with the Jones'?

Nope those are dually 1.5's. I did use the 2.5's in the rear though. If I was you I'd be more worried about keeping up with the Kardashians.

ChaosNein

why are those 3.0 kings? Please tell me the cat is not out of the bag that you can get 3.0 bypass shocks? My stars, what will all of us do that have the out dated 2.5 king bypasses? How will we keep up with the jones'?

fancy knobs

Top Bottom