evo DL flip kit instal question

desertrunner

Trying to drill the hole into the coil pocket on the drivers side for the sway bar link bracket and when the bracket is flush up against the stock sway bar link tab the top right hole that I need to drill for comes in contact with my C gusset and pushes it forward a little. But when I put the bracket flush against the coil pocket it tucks around the C gusset no problem. I'm pretty sure I read the directions right in understanding the bracket should be flush against the axle tab and use that little spacer in between the coil pocket and the bracket? If that is right should I grind a little off the bracket to make it sit straight up and down when it contacts my C gusset?

ForumRunner_20150319_072243.png

ForumRunner_20150319_072254.png

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Interseting. Ill be installing EVO C gussets in the next few ekks, and the EVO D link flip kit sometime before next year. Curious if this is a common problem or due to the size/ placement of those particular gussets. What brand C Gussets are you running?

desertrunner

Interseting. Ill be installing EVO C gussets in the next few ekks, and the EVO D link flip kit sometime before next year. Curious if this is a common problem or due to the size/ placement of those particular gussets. What brand C Gussets are you running?

Oh yeah I guess I should have mentioned that. They are EVO gussets

desertrunner

With how many ppl our there running evo C gussets and the evo DL flip I really doubt it's a common problem maybe I'm just being too picky about the 2 contacting but I'm really over the whole ehhhh good enough stuff on my jeep I wanna get it really dialed in finally

Subscribed since I'll likely be running both of those at some point. Hope someone with experience can chime in and provide a solution!

desertrunner

Subscribed since I'll likely be running both of those at some point. Hope someone with experience can chime in and provide a solution!

also if you happen to be needing new ball joints at the same time as installing this leave the driver side knuckle off while you drill the hole for the sway bar link bracket. makes it super easy to drill the hole :thumb:

desertrunner

step 24 in the instructions clearly states to have that spacer in between the coil pocket and the mount so im assuming that contact with the gusset is fine, i just wanted to double check on here if anyone else saw the same thing

desertrunner

just called EVO MFG and they said its not a problem if they contact each other. He said if i really want that i can grind down the mount or the gusset a little to make it fit a little better but its not necessary.

desertrunner

just ground a tiny smidge to flatten that spot where it contacted the gusset, looks like it fits better to me now even if it wasnt necessary.

IMAG4878[1].jpg

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
just called EVO MFG and they said its not a problem if they contact each other. He said if i really want that i can grind down the mount or the gusset a little to make it fit a little better but its not necessary.

Great to know and thanks for posting this up. Ill be running the same setup, always good to know what you may run into before hand! :yup:

Top Bottom