Ticking noise

Bryan__howell

I'm sorry if there is already a thread about this issue. I was playing in the mud yesterday and today I'm hearing a ticking/ pfft pfft sound coming from the passenger side. When I accelerate it sounds extremely loud, almost like the sound of a dirt bike. Does anyone know what this might be?

BumblebeeZA

I'm sorry if there is already a thread about this issue. I was playing in the mud yesterday and today I'm hearing a ticking/ pfft pfft sound coming from the passenger side. When I accelerate it sounds extremely loud, almost like the sound of a dirt bike. Does anyone know what this might be?

Could possibly be a cracked exhaust manifold.
Have you done the "key dance" to check for any error codes?

Bryan__howell

Yes I have, it's not throwing any codes. I looked into the manifold problems people have online, they say that they don't throw codes, so I'm thinking it could be this. I'm not sure where the manifold is located or how to go about fixing it myself. A buddy told me to go online and get some ceramic headers if this is the issue.

BumblebeeZA

Do you have a 3.6 or 3.8?

Surely someone will be able to post a pic or 2 here to indicate where the exhaust manifolds sit.
Sometimes you cant even see the crack when its a hair line crack.

Hang on before you go rip things apart though, Im sure the knowledgeable Jeepers here will have more info soon.

Top Bottom