stock track bar bolts

desertrunner

so i bit into the grade 8 replacement craze when i first did my lift, now i am doing the evo DL flip and putting a stock track bar in there. I no longer have the original bolts and i called the dealer ship to see what size they were they told me M14x1.5x70 but didnt have a grade speck. Gonna run over to lowes to see if i can pick up those bolts but was just curious what grade to get as well as should i get nylock nuts???

no need to try to explain torque specs, i understand fastener strength shizzzz i just need to know the grade of the bolt.

desertrunner

ok cool i saw that in eddies thread about grade 8 replacement stuff but i wasnt sure if that was the grade or not

thanks for the quick response :thumb:

desertrunner

the internet is so cluttered with the grade 8 larger upgrade kits it's ridiculous, so hard to find even what the OEM stuff is.

I went to the dealer and picked up replacement bolts for my rear track bar and shocks and did not have to worry about getting the right bolt. Sometimes factory is best. Again just my :twocents:

desertrunner

I went to the dealer and picked up replacement bolts for my rear track bar and shocks and did not have to worry about getting the right bolt. Sometimes factory is best. Again just my :twocents:

how much were they asking for them? i figured lowes would be cheaper

how much were they asking for them? i figured lowes would be cheaper

I used a Lowe's grade 8 bolt in my rear track bar lower mount and it lasted about 6 months and needed to replace it with factory. Sometimes cheaper is not always better.

any benefit in using nylock nuts since i already have some that fit?

As for the Nylock bolts you may have a hard time torqueing it down. I believe the axle mounting bolt uses a flange nut but I am not 100% certain. Again I have tried using no OEM bolts and did not have any luck.

desertrunner

As for the Nylock bolts you may have a hard time torqueing it down. I believe the axle mounting bolt uses a flange nut but I am not 100% certain. Again I have tried using no OEM bolts and did not have any luck.

ah good point i didnt think about the nylock messing with the torque

desertrunner

welp lowes didnt have any M14s so looks like dealership it is, they should be here by tomorrow afternoon

probably for the better i get them from the dealership anyway

ScoobyCarolanNC

Do not every buy Home Depot or Lowe's bulk hardware for anything. It's all total garbage. I can't tell you how many strips, popped heads, etc that crap'll lead to.

desertrunner

How much were they if you don't mind me asking. Looking to get a few myself.

if i remember right it was like $6 per bolt. I didnt catch the price for the nuts. Way more than it should be but oh well ill have them by tomorrow so its prob still cheaper than next day shipping haha

Rebel JK

How much were they if you don't mind me asking. Looking to get a few myself.

Unless your dead set on oem bolts, check Marshalls hardware off miramar/production road. They carry pretty much everything under the sun with regards to nuts bolts sae/metric. Prices are good. Check their website, the store's like a walk in mcmaster carr. Just picked up some misc 1/2-20 grade 8 stuff the other day.

kyle521

So Im going to need new rear track bar bolts, probably top and bottom but definitely bottom, so is my easiest, best and safest bet the dealership?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So Im going to need new rear track bar bolts, probably top and bottom but definitely bottom, so is my easiest, best and safest bet the dealership?

You can also find replacement bolts at Fastenal. If you have one local to you, just stop by with what you've got and they will match it and get you what you need. Otherwise, your dealership or any OE online parts store will have them too. I'm pretty sure the OE part number for the bolts are 06104263AA and they should come as a pair. If you need the nuts/flagged nut as well, they are sold separately and as different part numbers.

Top Bottom