factory Infinity subwoofer retrofit install help please

xtoby44x

okay so here it goes,

I have a 2014 JK unlimited freedom edition, and I've been upgrading the sound system from the base stock system. I know EVERYONE says to go aftermarket and thats all well and good but that's not the info i'm looking for here so don't offer any in that regards please. So I upgraded the head unit to the RHR navigation radio and while installing a backup camera I noticed the wiring was in place for the factory subwoofer so i decided to score one off eBay for a decent price. I tried installing it today thinking it would be a straight plug and play install and got no sound to the speaker, I've scoured the internet trying to resolve the issue and now I'm here begging for help. Has anyone here done this in the past and what do I have to do to get this up and running? Thanks in advance hopefully someone can help.

cwmt3

I have the factory sub and amp I would like to install also. Curious to see how it's done.

You don't want me to help..
This is what's under my seat. I'm hoping this op bought both the sub like he said, and the amp..

Attachments

• 1426810838210.jpg
    1426810838210.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 159

xtoby44x

I just got the subwoofer, don't believe that my system came with an amp which is probably the problem I guess

xtoby44x

After looking around on eBay I see the amp listed but there going for $200 bucks without wiring. Overlander I read online that there is a wiring harness that you can buy that goes between the amp and the head unit. But you still have to run power to the amp from the battery or something along those lines. Was really hoping for a quick fix but I guess I might have to opt out of the subwoofer option

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
After looking around on eBay I see the amp listed but there going for $200 bucks without wiring. Overlander I read online that there is a wiring harness that you can buy that goes between the amp and the head unit. But you still have to run power to the amp from the battery or something along those lines. Was really hoping for a quick fix but I guess I might have to opt out of the subwoofer option

I'd be interested in that harness.

miamidiver

My wife would be happy if I started getting rid of the stuff cluttering the garage. Pm me a shipping address and I will send it to you.

xtoby44x

I'd be interested in that harness.

here is the thread i saw it on but it looks like it's for a 2010 wrangler not sure it's the same.
but just browsing eBay I think there might be other options. If I find something I'll post the link.

Last edited by a moderator:

cwmt3

I don't have much to offer this conversation; Only that I've searched around the net just as you two have been, and the apparent easy way out is aftermarket. OP since you have an aftermarket deck, you may as well use it to its full advantage. Get an amp, and amp wiring kit for 40 bucks and get some bass.

There are no solid references for wiring diagrams, I truly wish Hayes would hurry up and help us all (2012- 2015) out already.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
here is the thread i saw it on but it looks like it's for a 2010 wrangler not sure it's the same.
but just browsing eBay I think there might be other options. If I find something I'll post the link.

Sorry but I deleted your link. Not allowed here.

xtoby44x

Anyone out there have the stock wiring harness that they would be willing to part with? Not even sure if it's possible to remove without cutting. Let me know what you got please and thank you.

jeeeep

Hooked
Anyone out there have the stock wiring harness that they would be willing to part with? Not even sure if it's possible to remove without cutting. Let me know what you got please and thank you.

I'll look for mine, it was cut but there was plenty of wiring left - I think I may have trashed it but I'll take a look tonight

bOLsAK3

Sorry I don't have anything to offer up here in terms of advice or experience but I have a factory sub sitting in my closet and I'm looking to do the same thing or similar. I'm eagerly anticipating the results of your endeavor. :pop2:

xtoby44x

Thanks and will definitely keep you posted. Hopefully it will go together with minimal effort, but based on all the threads I've come across it seems like it could be something of a pain will see.

Top Bottom