Lift Help!!

I'm trying to put together a list of things that I want to add on to my JKUR and I think I am going to get the lift wheels and tires first.. I am looking for a lift that I can occasionally hit some trails with but I also need it as a daily driver.. Any help is welcome! Also I think I want to go with AEV grey pintler wheels and some kind of NITTO tire, maybe trail grapplers? :crazyeyes:

If i could go back in time and bring more money with me, the EVO Enforcer is what i would buy. Unfortunately i was broke and impatient. Lolol. That will be what i go to. Never heard anything but good about it. Unless your budget is wide open, then your options change greatly.

jep77

I went with a 2" budget boost and flat fenders with 35's. So far so good. I have the Toyo mt 2s on stock wheels and I love them. Didn't effect handling much but I'll end up switching gears when I can.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
A budget boost is an inexpensive way of fitting the size tires you want. I have a 2.5" one with 35s. Make sure you get a kit with shock extensions and bump stops.

As for the rims, please note that the Pintlers have been known to crack. ATX has a similar looking design that I suggest you take a look at before settling on the Pintlers.

relayer4u

I would skip the AEV wheels and look for something else. I have MB wheels 11 from Discount tire, but I was also considering Fuel Formulas and Mamba M-14s.

Reason I would skip the AEV wheels is that they have too much back space and have a history of visible cracks.

:beer:

nightfirem10

I just am in the process of building up my unlimited hard rock like this and it turned out awesome and looks wicked!
BDS 3" lift
Fox 2.0 shocks
35" pro comp extreme a/t tires
LRG Hurricane rims in 17"
And it handles just as good as it did in stock configuration,the a/t do tend to follow cracks in the pavement a bit though.
Hope that helps!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
35's on pintlers will rub (at least they do with an EVO Enforcer lift) enough that you need spacers. The rear sway bar end links hit the tire.

If i could go back in time and bring more money with me, the EVO Enforcer is what i would buy. Unfortunately i was broke and impatient. Lolol. That will be what i go to. Never heard anything but good about it. Unless your budget is wide open, then your options change greatly.

Where would you suggest buying from? I live in Iowa and there aren't many off road parts stores. I mean we have Advanced Auto Parts and Napa, but those aren't really centered on these things. I'm assuming I should get it online? I'm going to have to get someone to install it, I know a good mechanics shop that will do it.. does anyone know what price range the EVO Enforcer and the labor for install would cost so I don't get ripped off?

Where would you suggest buying from? I live in Iowa and there aren't many off road parts stores. I mean we have Advanced Auto Parts and Napa, but those aren't really centered on these things. I'm assuming I should get it online? I'm going to have to get someone to install it, I know a good mechanics shop that will do it.. does anyone know what price range the EVO Enforcer and the labor for install would cost so I don't get ripped off?

http://www.northridge4x4.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=enforcer

Northridge 4x4 is a Wayalife sponsor and offers us a member discount on some items so i try and buy from them when i can. Not sure about labor as i do these things myself and i am nowhere close to being a mechanic. If you can run a ratchet and a wrench, then you probably can too.

MTG

Caught the Bug

I would strongly suggest you do it yourself. It is not a difficult install if you take your time and follow instructions, even if you've never done anything like it before. I'm sure if you post up and offer up some steak/pizza and beverages there will be people close enough to you to lend a hand. You'll have a much better understanding of your jeep when you are done, have a nice sense of accomplishment and haves saved yourself a few hundred bucks in the process. :thumb:

ChrisMR589

I would strongly suggest you do it yourself. It is not a difficult install if you take your time and follow instructions, even if you've never done anything like it before. I'm sure if you post up and offer up some steak/pizza and beverages there will be people close enough to you to lend a hand. You'll have a much better understanding of your jeep when you are done, have a nice sense of accomplishment and haves saved yourself a few hundred bucks in the process. :thumb:

This^
I was brand new to all of this in October when I put my 2.5" on myself. You'll feel great about yourself and the accomplishment once completed. Now I've got a decent tool chest as well.

Honestly this gave me the motivation and when I do take the plunge, I'll do it by myself! Of course I'll be on here asking for help though!

Honestly this gave me the motivation and when I do take the plunge, I'll do it by myself! Of course I'll be on here asking for help though!

You wont regret it. Unless of course you screw it up... joking. Like they said, the knowledge youll gain about your jeep and how it works cant be gained any other way.

jeeeep

Hooked

Just be sure to have a set of metric wrenches and sockets, a good breaker bar, jack stands and an extra jack or bottle jack to help with setting caster.

I measured my caster before taking anything apart to help me understand that I was measuring it correctly and to get a reading before since I was doing this in my driveway and had to account for the slope.

Here are a few good reads that may help you prepare. they helped me out and made the job so much easier:

Torque settings guide - very few instructions include torque settings:
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-ups/jeep-jk-wrangler-torque-settings

Understanding caster:
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-tech/...o-i-measure-it-and-how-does-it-affect-my-jeep

front end alignment - chances are you won't need this but the drawing is helpful:
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-ups/basic-do-it-yourself-jeep-jk-wrangler-front-end-alignment

This is for a different suspension but the install procedures are basically the same for all suspensions:
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write...rangler-3-ultimate-lift-installation-write-up

cheers! :beer:

Top Bottom