Turn signal trouble...

Kalums

ok guy heres one to pick your brains... i have a 2013 JKU and the right turn signal wont turn off. its off when i get in the vehicle but after i drive for a few minutes and use the right turn signal it wont turn off, i have to dang near beat the tar out of the turn signal lever (up, down up , down repeatedly) to get it to turn off after 8-15 minutes. if i leave it alone it stays on. when i turn i get the click when it (the lever) goes back to the neutral position. i thought it might be the superchips tuning but i put it back to stock and it still does it (less often but still happens).:mad:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Checked your blinker fluid?
Lol, just kidding. Probably your multifunction switch went bad or something.

Attachments

• 1426837339475.jpg
    1426837339475.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

Kalums

I've never seen an actual bottle of that stuff! That's awesome!
What /where is the multi function switch?

olram30

I've never seen an actual bottle of that stuff! That's awesome!
What /where is the multi function switch?

It's your turn signal lever. It's about a 60 dollar part. But I think you have to take the steering apart. I'm not a 100% sure this is your problem. But it sounds like the lever is what's wrong. From the noises it makes and getting stuck. It's just my best guess over the internet. And if you do have to order one, get one with fog lights if you have fog lights.

Sorry for intruding on this thread but it's in the category of blinkers so I thought I would post it here instead of making another thread.
Anyways, my left blinker blinks when being used blinks very rapidly at a annoying rate. Usually this probably means the light is out or going out. But I have checked and the front and rear driver side blinker bulbs still work. Could this be bad connections or just a computer error?
Thanks in advance

olram30

Sorry for intruding on this thread but it's in the category of blinkers so I thought I would post it here instead of making another thread.
Anyways, my left blinker blinks when being used blinks very rapidly at a annoying rate. Usually this probably means the light is out or going out. But I have checked and the front and rear driver side blinker bulbs still work. Could this be bad connections or just a computer error?
Thanks in advance

Do you have any led lights?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thanks in advance

Do both sides work? If one side is out it could cause the other to blink faster. Do you have factory lights or aftermarket?

hbkid22

Thanks in advance

I just ran into the same situation....My driver side rear is out but the front works and when I turn on my left blinker it sounds faster (and annoying) more than normal....Need to replace my rear. I know you said yours blinkers are still on but it could be a sign of it getting ready to go.

Next time is blinks rapidly get, pull over and see if all the lights are working.

Kalums

Dang!! Internet Highway hijacking!! 😉 but it's all good yes, it is still under warranty... Only got 14K miles. It's just kinda hard to repeat for them because it's intermittent.... And other than trying to make a right hand turn (obviously) there is no certain way to trigger this fault every time.

Do both sides work? If one side is out it could cause the other to blink faster. Do you have factory lights or aftermarket?

Both sides work it's the drivers side blinker that flashes rapidly. It does it every time I use it. I don't know the exact ones but it's the ones that fit in the Evo corners that are led if that helps at all.

Kalums

So up date on my turn signal.... It was the multi function switch, oh and I was "empty" on blinker fluid.... 😆

Thanks in advance

You may try cleaning the contacts at the bulb. I had the same issue with my left blinker. It was blinking fast as if I had a bulb out, but all bulbs were illuminating.

I started at the rear and cleaned my contacts. I haven't had the problem return. I used a product called Deoxit D5.

OP, glad you got it figured out.

Brankz

Disconnect the negative terminal of the battery wait for 5 to 15 minutes and plug it back in 👍 problem solve had something similar on my 2 door

Top Bottom