Click noise when pulling out.

Shantz

Quick question... been to a few garages with no luck. I have a clicking noise when pulling out for about a year now. Seems to be coming front the front drivers side. 2007 JKU... anyone else experienced this?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Nice thread title. Usually it's more of a squirt when I pull out. :eek:

Edit: by the way if you have a clicking it could be U joints or your driveshaft.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Quick question... been to a few garages with no luck. I have a clicking noise when pulling out for about a year now. Seems to be coming front the front drivers side. 2007 JKU... anyone else experienced this?

Check your driver side front sway bar link. I'd be willing to bet that you have a loose bolt.

Mtbhjm

I may have also experienced what you are talking about. Does it also happen when you come to a stop a little abruptly and rock forwards and backwards a bit before the suspension settles or over speed bumps at low speed? Mine sounds like something that is loose but not detached, and top heavy so that it rocks back and forth slightly. It sounds as though it is right behind the speedometer, possibly slightly left of it too. There is a strong chance that I am just an idiot and am describing something that in reality is not even close to that, but I thought I would chime in since your problem seems similar.

Shantz

Nice thread title. Usually it's more of a squirt when I pull out. :eek:

Edit: by the way if you have a clicking it could be U joints or your driveshaft.

That's what she said...

Yeah it's not all the time... definitely when I come to a hard stop... and "drive away".

David1tontj

That's what she said...

Yeah it's not all the time... definitely when I come to a hard stop... and "drive away".

I had very very very worn out control arm bushings that were doing this exact same thing. They were huge ovals instead of circles. I cut them off and welded on some Jonny joints, and it's all good now.

There are several things that could cause this though, and mine was a little more of a clunk than a click.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Why is it always the driver side? That has happened to me twice, the second time that I just found tonight.

Not really sure but you are right, it always is the driver side. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it's the end without the track bar attached to it and therefore sees a movement that causes the nuts to loosen up.

On an unrelated note, whenever I check my lug nuts, if there are any lose, it's always on the driver side rear. I've seen this on a lot of other Jeeps too. :crazyeyes:

JKWrang

I wonder if the RHD has it on the right (their driver side) more frequently too? Maybe us jeepers need to lose some weight hahaha

Shantz

I looked around.. really couldn't find anything... 4 wheel has it tomorrow... the dealer gets it next week... hopefully I'll find it soon... it's driving me nuts.

SilverBack

Not really sure but you are right, it always is the driver side. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it's the end without the track bar attached to it and therefore sees a movement that causes the nuts to loosen up.

On an unrelated note, whenever I check my lug nuts, if there are any lose, it's always on the driver side rear. I've seen this on a lot of other Jeeps too. :crazyeyes:

I think the drivers side loosening of hardware has to do with the harmonic resonance in the jeep created by the drivers entering and exiting the vehicle on a much higher occurrence rate than that of the passenger side. Also, most passengers will enter and exit the vehicle while using the rock rails as steps and therefore reduce the frictional vibration relationship of seating surface and human posterior in turn reducing the harmonic resonance created by these actions.

So, cuz we slide our asses into and out of the seat more often... shit gets loose faster on our side of the Jeep!

:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

Top Bottom