Axles

R0CKSTAR

I have a question about Dynatrac Axels.
I'm planning on upgrading to the Dana 44 front & 60 rear,
Any advice on the optional equip Dynatrac offers?
Such as what you would or would not recommend.
I have 37" tires & plan to re-gear to 5.13 also would like to add
ARB lockers.
I will use it as a daily driver as well.
Any input is greatly appreciated & thanks in advance.

USMCvet

Banned
I just installed a Metalcloak 3.5" lift, G2 front and rear 5:13 ratio axles with ARB air lockers on my 2015 JKUR. I'm finishing up the plumbing for the compressor and wiring and such. The rig sits on 37" MT/R's and with the Metalcloak fenders I've got plenty of clearance.

I just installed a Metalcloak 3.5" lift, G2 front and rear 5:13 ratio axles with ARB air lockers on my 2015 JKUR. I'm finishing up the plumbing for the compressor and wiring and such. The rig sits on 37" MT/R's and with the Metalcloak fenders I've got plenty of clearance.

USMCvet Welcome to the WAYALIFE. Please stop by the Give us a Wave to give and introduction and post up some pictures of your Jeep.

I have a question about Dynatrac Axels.
I'm planning on upgrading to the Dana 44 front & 60 rear,
Any advice on the optional equip Dynatrac offers?
Such as what you would or would not recommend.
I have 37" tires & plan to re-gear to 5.13 also would like to add
ARB lockers.
I will use it as a daily driver as well.
Any input is greatly appreciated & thanks in advance.

Rockstar Welcome to the WAYALIFE. Please stop by the Give us a Wave thread to give a an introduction and post up some pics. This will help us give you better advice.

Now to answer your question. There are several on the forum running Dynatracs, G2'a and even stock Rubicon axles. The question you really have to answer is what type of wheeling are you going to be doing. For instance Wayoflife lives on the West Coast and plays on the big rocks and in the dessert so he has Dynatrac axles on both his JK's. Other members out there run stock axles because they do not play as much on the rocks and are easy on the skinny pedal. For me I have stock D30/D44 but do not play on the big rocks and only run 35's.

You mentioned your Jeep is a 2011 JKU, do you have an automatic or manual transmission? There is a gear chart that breaks down what gears are best for what type of driving you do and where. I am going to upgrade to 37's and will regear to 4.88 due to the chart showing it is good on road and offroad and since 80% of my driving is on road and 20% off those gears will work for me. Yes I am going to run 37's on D30 until it implodes and then upgrade to a PR44 but with the type of wheeling we have in Texas and being easy on the skinny pedal it will work for me. I also know it is not a matter of if but when the D30 is going to break. Yes that is the risk I am willing to take because where I wheel is only 30 minutes from the house and I have the equipment to recover my Jeep.

R/
Will

Top Bottom