Lift/suspension upgrade advise

Ok the time is near to get rid of the horrible ride that my budget lift got me. Im going to be swapping and upgrading parts a bit at a time. Im currently running the RC 2.5" coil lift (sucks). It nets almost exactly 2.5" as my jeep sits currently. (Winch coming soon also). I still have the factory shocks mounted to extension brackets. Also factory front DS with no issues so far. Ill be moving to 3" plush rides and probably Rancho 9000 series shocks. With that said would you first...

A) replace RC springs

Or

B) replace factory shocks and extension brackets

Should i expect DS issues from either?

Mitrig

I had a rc suspension, honestly would never do it again. First thing I did was swap my shocks in, the ride was brutal with the rough country set up. With the fox I get an amazing ride now. I would honestly swap in new shocks first then coils if you don't hve the money to do both at the same time. But for me my shocks went and I just don't have time so I installed my new shocks with the rig on the ground then doing the coils and arms when I have time on the lift

MIZZOURA

If your staying with in that height I would start with the shocks. That alone can help the ride out. I would plan on replacing DS.

Yup, not sure what guys are actually getting with the 3" plush rides, but im looking at getting a shock that will work now and with the new coils. Can imagine a huge height gain. I guess ill need lca's and a front ds sometime soon

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Yup, not sure what guys are actually getting with the 3" plush rides, but im looking at getting a shock that will work now and with the new coils. Can imagine a huge height gain. I guess ill need lca's and a front ds sometime soon

I got around 3" lift with mine. 3" coils, bump stops, evo drag link flip, front lower control arms, the long bilstein shocks(they changed part numbers) and really happy with the way it rides.

I got around 3" lift with mine. 3" coils, bump stops, evo drag link flip, front lower control arms, the long bilstein shocks(they changed part numbers) and really happy with the way it rides.

That sounds right on key. At what point do you need the draglink flip?

around 3" and up. well worth it.

good deal. Thanks. I guess im gonna be doing a 3" enforcer...but bought separately as i get money. Id wait and buy it straight up but my ride is turrible, and i already have some of the parts the kit comes with. My biggest question is, can i do shocks and coils first, adding the LCAs and DRF kit as i get the money? Given i wont be wheeling till the project is complete.

Edit: rear trackbar relocation being added at some point also.

gleno99

good deal. Thanks. I guess im gonna be doing a 3" enforcer...but bought separately as i get money. Id wait and buy it straight up but my ride is turrible, and i already have some of the parts the kit comes with. My biggest question is, can i do shocks and coils first, adding the LCAs and DRF kit as i get the money? Given i wont be wheeling till the project is complete.

Edit: rear trackbar relocation being added at some point also.

I would do shocks first. Then do coils and Lca at the same time. Going higher will throw caster off more and may make jeep feel flighty at highway speeds.

I would do shocks first. Then do coils and Lca at the same time. Going higher will throw caster off more and may make jeep feel flighty at highway speeds.

Im with ya. I was talking with Canvas and his thoughts were the same. It doesnt feel flighty at all (2.5") now. I didnt know if 1/2" would change things enough to matter. What about the DLF? Is that something that could come after at some point?

gleno99

Im with ya. I was talking with Canvas and his thoughts were the same. It doesnt feel flighty at all (2.5") now. I didnt know if 1/2" would change things enough to matter. What about the DLF? Is that something that could come after at some point?

My jkur is at 3.5" lift in front with 3" enforcer. Dlf is something you can do later.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Can somebody confirm if the rancho rs9000xl's i would need for the 3" plush rides are 999329 and 999330?

I think these are the compressed and extended lengths.
Edit, I used bilstein 186872 fronts, they are 27.56 extended, 16.41" collapsed.
Rear 186887 with 27.36 extended and 16.96 collapsed.
If it were me, I'd go with the longer ones, 31, 32

Attachments

• 1427042176991.jpg
    1427042176991.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I think these are the compressed and extended lengths.
Edit, I used bilstein 186872 fronts, they are 27.56 extended, 16.41" collapsed.
Rear 186887 with 27.36 extended and 16.96 collapsed.
If it were me, I'd go with the longer ones, 31, 32

Good deal. I already have 3" bump extensions so hopefully that would be close enough.

Top Bottom