Evo plush or coilovers?

jivesis

My jk is my dd, and looking for a nice soft ride, sick of the small jarring bumps in the shitty roads around home. Going to run 37s and try and keep to a 3" lift. Most trails I run arnt hardcore so both would cover me for that but just looking for best on road ride for the long trips.

There is around $1000 more in the coilovers (allowing only FLC arms for both kits) so is it worth it?

JKRicky

I don't have any first hand experience with ride quality with either setup, but from what I understand from the guys that do, you really can't go wrong with either setup. Really just comes down to how much you want to spend. It sounds like the enforcer kit would fit your needs plenty.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Ride quality is subjective, but from ORE the coils will ride better on the road.

whispike

I'm in the same situation and am considering coilovers. Anybody have first hand experience with these two?

QRS

Ride quality is subjective, but from ORE the coils will ride better on the road.

Interesting, I was under the impression that COs were nicer, both, off and on road.

Guess you learn something new everyday.

aermotor

I have the EVO Plush Springs and they are great. They also cost less than $400 where a good Coilover will cost you a couple thousand? I would stick with just upgrading your springs.

NV375

You missed the sarcasm emicon.

Easy to be misunderstood on the web. I am on my phone waiting for ORE to open. I gave up trying to find the smiley I was looking for. The app seems to have limited availability of smilies. I should have just said.

LOL .......

Instead of looking for a smiley.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm in the same situation and am considering coilovers. Anybody have first hand experience with these two?

Yup, I have personal first hand experience running a myriad of coils, bolt-on coil overs and DTD's.

The impression I got was that Coilovers are overkill for many rigs.

And, you got the right impression. They're great but for how much they cost, you can get a pretty decent ride with a good set of coils and shocks.

According to Teraflex there is no difference between the two. They have a whole video on the subject on their website and youtube channel.

LOL!! Technically, they're right. In the end, you're still just dealing with "coils" and a "shock". But of course, that's over simplifying the issue but you're welcome to believe that they make coils and shocks that ride and perform no different than a quality coil over. :crazyeyes:

They truly are a wealth of knowledge and I learned that I can rely on them often for quality JK parts AND advice! :yup: :thumb:

:cheesy:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Yup, I have personal first hand experience running a myriad of coils, bolt-on coil overs and DTD's.

And, you got the right impression. They're great but for how much they cost, you can get a pretty decent ride with a good set of coils and shocks.

Am I correct planning to go straight to coil overs becuase it would be a "one and done" syspension setup?

I wouldn't have to change my whole lift if I wanted to get bigger tires (understanding that there are other things to consider when changing tire size). I would just adjust the height of the C/O and the length LCAs. I could adjust the ride by having the valve timing changed. (though I dont think Ill need too).

utiadam

LOSER
I have the bolt on coilovers with currie front lower arms and I would say the ride is similar to stock. Sometimes I think is harsh and then others it feels great. There is minimal body roll in turns. I have not adjusted any pressures in them yet, only ride height. I still need to adjust the timing rings too.

Top Bottom