Mopar extended warrenty

Blkbird13

So I have a 2015 unlimited rubicon and the dealer called me and wanted to know if I wanted an extended warrenty. They are offering the maxcare unlimited mileage life time warrenty for 2885. Is this worth getting. I asked about aftermarket stuff such lift kits and they said as long as it's mopar parts it's covered.

seanb123

I would make sure that it's all in writing. That they can't void it for off roading. But I doubt they will cover those types of things so Id say no.

JKWrang

"As long as it's MOPAR it's covered" yea right. There's a thread on hear about the MOPAR CAI and them voiding the warranty anyway

JKMag

I have to agree, if you plan on modding your Jeep even if the Dealership says its covered and you use Mopar parts that is no guarantee it will be covered (as mentioned earlier and reported by people who used Mopar parts that were denied warranty work). The only reason I would consider an extended Chrysler warranty is for the loaner car and extended miles covered. It has been reported on some sites that Chrysler will not reimburse loaner vehicles unless you have an extended Chrysler warranty, this does not stop the dealer from providing a loaner car for you but they are not reimbursed by Chrysler.

I guess if you plan on modding your Jeep I would not get an extended warranty, even with saying that I do have an extended warranty on my Jeep up to 45k miles as I normally drive 15k miles a year. I wanted the full 3 year warranty with the no hassle loaner car for warranty work, Ive not had the best luck with Chrysler products so I was ok with the extra money to cover a full 3 years.

The biggest problem is trying to wait 3 years before I start modding and this site is not making it easier..

Blkbird13

Thanks all for the input, might just add the warranty later they said I have till just before my factory warranty runs out

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I would say it depends on what the warranty covers. I got an extended 7 year bumper to bumper warranty. The reason I did so is because I do not plan on modifying the powertrain at all, and wanted the peace of mind that my engine, tranny and tranfer case were covered. I knew already that anything I mod will be voided, yet they have still performed warranty work on parts I have modded with no issues. They even replaced a front axle shaft even though I basically told them i was hauling some Robby Gordon type ass through the desert and Im sure thats what broke it. Of course, just to be clear the warranty was given to me by the dealership free of charge, so either way it was a win for me.

So, I've got the extended warranty and don't have buyer's remorse. I have a 3" lift, winch, and other modifications and it's quite obvious that I wheel the Jeep (banged up bumper, took some recent body damage, cross member has be "re-shaped" along with the gas tank skid, etc.) and my dealership's service department hasn't balked at covering an already LONG list of warranty repairs. Just going off of memory here, but with 31,000 miles on a 2013 they've covered:

Water Pump Replacement (Twice)
Input Shaft Bearings
Throwout Bearings
Shifter Assembly
Front Inner Axle Seals
Draglink
Software Updates
Heated Mirror Recall
Passenger-Side Heated Seat TSB

Some of those aren't really relevant to having modifications and I probably missed a few things, but my belabored point is that I'm glad I've got the extended warranty if I've had this many issues on a brand new vehicle and the service department is willing to take care of them.

groovebus

I got the MaxCare Warranty with mine back in 2013 for $3500. I got it mainly to cover the Motor, transmission and transfer case. I can pretty much work on everything after that. Plus you get the full road side assistance and several other perks. Like if you break down while on vacation they will reimburse you for hotel rooms. True Jeep Wranglers owners never get rid of their Jeeps, and this is life time. When it blows a head gasket at 150,000 miles, it's a $100 deductable.

SRTgirl

Thanks all for the input, might just add the warranty later they said I have till just before my factory warranty runs out

You do have until the factory warranty expires but the price goes up regularly and is more expensive after the first 12/12. It seems like you were probably quoted for a
$100 ded plan? If so it's a bit overpriced at the moment assuming your Jeep is within it's first year.

Top Bottom