Hello from Philadelphia

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
Hi guys. I'm without a Wrangler at the moment, but getting ready to purchase one very soon. I'm tooling around in a Liberty that I bought new 8 years ago. Living in the city doesn't give me too many opportunities for off-road driving, but I lived for a lot of years in upstate PA, where I was pretty good taking my old CJ5 out into the woods, crawling rocks and through swamps.

Thanks for allowing me to learn from all of you!

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
Thanks. As I said, I'm getting ready to make another plunge into a new Jeep. I'm torn between a new JK and JKU. I'm probably looking to get a Willys Wheeler, and can always upgrade performance down the road, as it's going to also be a daily driver.

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
Good choice, I love mine. Welcome to WAL.

I see you live pretty close to me. I have some privately owned places up in the Poconos that I have access to ride off road, but nothing within an hour of my house. That's excluding some places in South Jersey, and Lower Delaware, I've heard about, where you can dig in the sand.

Rausch Creek will be a must, once I get the rig and the time.

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
Maybe some people could weigh in.

My reason for going with the Willys Wheeler is that it will be a daily driver, but with some additional capabilities a Sport, or Sport S, might not have in the suspension department. I've been fooling around with the Wrangler app for building a stock rig. The Rubicon is a little steep in price for me at the moment, but the Willys offers performance for off road that will be better than the Sport, for only about $1500 more.

I'm leaning towards 2 doors, for the shorter wheelbase, and the fact that the kids are all just about out of the house.

First thing I'm looking to do after I buy, is to purchase a winch and bumper to go with it, along with the rest of the extraction equipment. I'm not as crazy or stupid as I was I my twenties, so safety plays a huge role in what I want to do. I'm going with a WARN winch, but deciding between a 9.5 Powerplant, or a 9.5xp. While having the compressor there and ready is convenient, I'm wondering how much punishsment a compressor is going to take before failing at the front of a Jeep.

Of course, a winch is nothing without a solid bumper to mount it on. I'm strictly sticking to USA made products.

Last edited:

Johnlmt33

The Willys does not have the front disconnects, but that is something you could do later. I got mine from Fred Beans last June and was cheaper than the Sports they had on the lot. Mine has manual windows and locks, but so did my old 98 Sahara and my 94 YJ.

Top Bottom