EVO ProTeK Skid System

jkwebbie

Ok guys, I have a 2012 Wrangler 2 door and am planning on getting the EVO oil pan skid plate soon since an oil change is needed in a few weeks anyways. But I was just wondering if I should just get the entire ProTeK system or just the oil pan skid? I know my stock skids are pretty good and even Eddie has ran them for the longest time, but do I really need to upgrade them? I have manual trans so I know its not likely that I'll hit it on a rock unlike the auto trans. So what do you guys think? Get just the oil pan skid or the entire system?

JKU-Tom

I just ran the oil pan skid for a year with my manual. As I built my jeep up I added the other pieces. I have never had any damage done with or without the skids.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
If you have an auto, I'd recommend the entire system. If you have a manual, you don't need it, but I personally like having the extra protection.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I would get the oil pan skid and then a trans crossmember. Poison spider and Clayton make some strong ones although I've never tested either.

el_chupo_

I just did the full system on Friday, and I can tell you the oil pan skid was easy to get in (full of oil, though 2 sets of hands to hold it up just in case), though a wrench was needed on the install, used a socket on the removal of the factory bolts.

I havent seen the under side of a manual to see where the cross member skid would sit vs the factory cross member, but I can tell you that it was very easy to install both the oil pan skid (on a lift in my case), and the cross member (on the ground under the jeep), and it was nice to look at it and know that there was no part unprotected down there.

jkwebbie

I would get the oil pan skid and then a trans crossmember. Poison spider and Clayton make some strong ones although I've never tested either.

Yea I was thinking about getting the trans crossmember too but I just don't know since I drive a manual.

I just did the full system on Friday, and I can tell you the oil pan skid was easy to get in (full of oil, though 2 sets of hands to hold it up just in case), though a wrench was needed on the install, used a socket on the removal of the factory bolts.

I havent seen the under side of a manual to see where the cross member skid would sit vs the factory cross member, but I can tell you that it was very easy to install both the oil pan skid (on a lift in my case), and the cross member (on the ground under the jeep), and it was nice to look at it and know that there was no part unprotected down there.

Yea I do want that added assurance knowing that everything is safe down there when I hit a rock or anything, but I don't really want to throw money at my Jeep if I don't need to lol

Dirtguy

I wheel the crap outa my 08 unlimited and have never damaged the oil,tranny or fuel tank bad enough to warrant skid plates....imho of course

jkwebbie

Well guys I ended up just getting the oil pan skid. I guess if I start hitting it on stuff then I'll get the entire system lol

Top Bottom