Rear Bumper

roxytherubi

Im looking to get a rear bumper, but there are so many, i don't even know where to start looking! Im new to JKs and need some help/input! Im looking to spend no more than $900, but open too all options! The one thing id like it to have is a tire carrier! Id love to see everyones pictures, and which bumpers they recommend!

sjd78

I have the LOD Offroad gen 4 shorty bumper with door linked tire carrier. It's an awesome product! Although priced a little bit above your $900 budget.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I too run the LōD rear bumper with linked tire carrier (opens with tailgate). It's a bit more than you had in mind but the quality is 2nd to none. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427130395.028160.jpg

You may not find too many QUALITY bumpers with tire carriers for $900 or less. You can always go with the OR-Fab tie carrier, AEV or Gen-Right tire carriers for about that price. They will not come with bumpers though.

blacksand

I just put on the ace engineering rear bumper and Tire carrier and couldn't be happier. Quality product, great engineering and fitment .

roxytherubi

Does anybody have experience with the body armor rear high clearance bumper and tire carrier?
Its a Good price at $846.99
bumper.jpg

Havoc40

Sorry I can't post a photo with it installed...just got mine today. I will also add another recommendation for the LoD Gen.4 shorty. My 1st impressions are awesome quality and built like a tank. I chose the non-linked version because I wanted to run all the optional accessories for long trips. Can't wait to get this thing installed!!!

Last edited:
Im looking to get a rear bumper, but there are so many, i don't even know where to start looking! Im new to JKs and need some help/input! Im looking to spend no more than $900, but open too all options! The one thing id like it to have is a tire carrier! Id love to see everyones pictures, and which bumpers they recommend!

Save a sliver of your next pay check so you can increase your budget and get a bumper made in the USA that will last a lifetime.

http://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-5001.htm

• Tire carrier included
  • Fully adjustable (horizontal and vertical) mount
  • Powder coat included
  • CB antenna mount included
  • Hi-Lift jack mount included
  • Tow rated receiver included
  • 1/4" thick steel bumper
  • 1" wide recovery tabs
  • Double tapered bearings
  • Fits up to 40" tire
  • Laser cut lift points in bumper
  • 100% bolt on install

RH-5001-2T.jpg

Last edited:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Does anybody have experience with the body armor rear high clearance bumper and tire carrier?
Its a Good price at $846.99
View attachment 132781

I have seen them mounted and almost bought one for my 2-dr JK. The problem with them is they provide inferior bearings for the spindle. The tailgate sags and the powder coat is not very durable. I hope that helps.

roxytherubi

I too run the LōD rear bumper with linked tire carrier (opens with tailgate). It's a bit more than you had in mind but the quality is 2nd to none. View attachment 132747

You may not find too many QUALITY bumpers with tire carriers for $900 or less. You can always go with the OR-Fab tie carrier, AEV or Gen-Right tire carriers for about that price. They will not come with bumpers though.

I was just looking on their website at pricing, Does the bumper come with the jerry can mounts and high lift jack mounts for their $1,144 price tag?

Jake Wilson

Save a sliver of your next pay check so you can increase your budget and get a bumper made in the USA that will last a lifetime.

• Tire carrier included
  • Powder coat included
  • 1" wide recovery tabs
  • Fits up to 40" tire
  • 100% bolt on install

RH-5001-2T.jpg

I love how you guys are active on here! Always around to give your opinion and options on things.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

• Tire carrier included
  • Powder coat included
  • 1" wide recovery tabs
  • Fits up to 40" tire
  • 100% bolt on install

RH-5001-2T.jpg

Looks very well made.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I was just looking on their website at pricing, Does the bumper come with the jerry can mounts and high lift jack mounts for their $1,144 price tag?

The high lift jack is standard (just two brackets that mount on top of the tire carrier) but I think I paid like another hundred or so for the RotoPax Mounts, I'm sure the Jerry Can mounts are similarly priced. My recommendation give Northridge 4x4 a call and ask them. They will give you a great deal as they did for me, I'm sure of it. :thumb:

Jk909

I love the LOD that rocky sold me. The trail rack is a must on a 2 door. This is the only pic in my phone. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427165104.492602.jpg
That rock hard bumper looks good too.

Have you checked out the Expedition One bumper?

It's more than $900 but like others have said save a little more and get something like the LOD or similar.

LeighP

Ask yourself what you think you'll be doing with your Jeep, then look at what's on offer.

I have a Smittybilt XRC Atlas rear bar and carrier combo. Has a built in hitch, carries two Jerry cans and a hi-lift on the carrier forward of the spare.
Its a fairly budget priced item, don't expect it to be the match for some of the top line makes. That said, it bolted on without mods, lined up straight and square....which is better than some other Smittybilt feedback lead me to think would happen.

This bar is not something I'd buy if I spent my time climbing rocks etc....its quite heavy. So take that into consideration.

pastorwug

• Tire carrier included
  • Powder coat included
  • 1" wide recovery tabs
  • Fits up to 40" tire
  • 100% bolt on install

RH-5001-2T.jpg

This is what I have and it is built to last!

Top Bottom