Thump when I turn

Jay_r24

✋ I was on my way into work today and I heard a thumping sound when I turned into the parking lot and again when I turned to back into my parking spot. Before I get home and get under her (my jeep not my wife) any suggestions on where I should look first? Anyone experienced this?

Josh27

I had a similar sound too and eventually figured out my battery tie down loosened and the battery was sliding back and fourth when I turned.

Jay_r24

It was my lower control arm, not torqued completely. Torqued it last night and the problem is dead. Thanks everyone!!!

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
A friend of mine here at Spangdahlem took his Jeep in for a thump noise when he turned. The Jeep dealership looked at everything and could not find anything wrong. The Jeep is completely stock and so he asked me to check it out and sure enough every time I turned there was a thump noise. Got under the Jeep could not find anything. So I opened the hood and sure enough the battery tie down was broke and was sliding back and forth. We got a new strap and no more thump.

Top Bottom