Rear spring issue?

Jeepers46

Just recently purchased my first ever Wrangler (08 JK 4 door) about 3 months ago from a local Ford dealership. After researching the numbers on the springs I believe it has an AEV 2.5" lift. I was checking the torque on the front and rear track bar when I noticed that the rear spring passenger side appears to be "off center" from the frame mount. The drivers side is off also but looks like its not as bad as the passenger side. Is this normal/correct position for the spring to sit? Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.

1427162877620.jpg

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Just recently purchased my first ever Wrangler (08 JK 4 door) about 3 months ago from a local Ford dealership. After researching the numbers on the springs I believe it has an AEV 2.5" lift. I was checking the torque on the front and rear track bar when I noticed that the rear spring passenger side appears to be "off center" from the frame mount. The drivers side is off also but looks like its not as bad as the passenger side. Is this normal/correct position for the spring to sit? Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.

View attachment 132880

Something does not look right there. I haven't looked at my spring seats in a while, however, I'm almost certain that those springs should be seated up into the seat. Also, I notice there appears to be a sticker on the spring. Maybe AEV used stickers in the past, but my current AEV 3.5" springs have the numbers painted right on them and have no stickers whatsoever. Are you sure those aren't factory springs? Could you take a pic of the sticker and post it?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Looks like a rc budget boost
Edit, looks like a rough country 2.5" series 2 lift.

Last edited:

Jeepers46

Ill try and get a pic of the sticker/tag tomorrow. The front springs have the numbers stamped on them and those are the numbers that brought up the AEV lift. Ill get those numbers and post them also.

Jeepers46

After some extensive time spent on the web I may have answered my own question. ...sort of. My Jeep definitely has the front AEV springs (#sprg21220B) and the Bilstien shocks that come with the kit. But...it has stock rear springs possibly from a Rubicon (#60004458AA). According to what I stumbled across today if there is more than 3"of lift on the Jeep then your rear coils are gonna be off center 10° causing binding, bowed coils, and possibly contact with the rear track bar during articulation. To fix this you need this:

http://www.roughcountry.com/coil-correction-plates-1113.html

These little plates correct the angle of the real coils back to their stock angle/location. This answers my question of why the springs are off but now im confused as to how it has a 2.5" kit on the front and basically stock coils in the rear and still acheives a fairly level ride height??

Top Bottom