Coil sag

AMEChambers

Hello all. I have been running a 3.5" budget boost for about four years now. Unfortunately after purchasing my wife a Grand Cherokee idk when if ever I'll be able to afford the lift I want. Anyways after my bumpers and winch the jeep sags like a mf! I have .75" coils spacers installed now.. Can I add larger coils to get my height back? If so how large can I go? Sorry for the newb question just don't want to fix something just to cause another issue... Thank you for the help in advance!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I guess I'm a little confused here. Are you saying that you are running 3.5" coil spacers and then added an additional .75" on top of that? If so, yeah, you might want to get new coils. How big of a tire are you running?

Im with Eddie, some more vehicle specs would help

Edit: if your profile is current, sounds like springs are wore out. That outta be plenty of lift so it sounds like shot coils.

Last edited:

AMEChambers

Sorry for the confusion guys. I'm running the rough county lift that comes with the 3.5" coils(I wish I had the money to replace entire kit but I don't at the moment). When I added front and rear bumpers I also installed the .75" spacers to compensate for the added weight. This weekend I installed a winch and the droop is bothering me. I would like to get rid of the spacers. My question is how tall of a coil can I add to get back to the original lift height (if not a little taller)? Again thanks for the help and my apologies for the lack of needed specs.

How much lift did you have before the bumper? Winch? Now? a 2.5"-3" coil is plenty for 35s. You can stack spacers all day long but really, you need to replace those coils. My RC coils are being replaced with a 3" Evo enforcer kit as we speak.

Attachments

• 1427224521414.jpg
    1427224521414.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 36
Top Bottom