Lift Question

Davidraider

I am looking to give my jeep a 3.5 inch lift and run some 35 series tires on my stock wheels. I have 2 questions for the group...

1. What is a good quality lift to go with?

2. Will I have to re-gear my jeep if I make these modifications?

ClarksAdventures

What are your current gears? I have 4.10's and it's not bad at all.

I think Evo is generally the popular favorite around here.

I have the MetalCloak 3.5 game changer and couldn't be happier both on/off road. I also like that it's a complete system that came with all my control arms, shocks, spring, track bars, brake lines, etc.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I am looking to give my jeep a 3.5 inch lift and run some 35 series tires on my stock wheels. I have 2 questions for the group...

1. What is a good quality lift to go with?

2. Will I have to re-gear my jeep if I make these modifications?

What gears are you currently running?

What kind of off-roading do you intend to be doing and how often?

Those two questions will help narrow your search.

If you just want to run 35s and not do much extreme stuff you can get away with as little as a 2.5" budget boost.

Last edited:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Are you planning on flat fenders? This make a difference on lift height. I recommend a company that has solid American made products, evo is a good choice. They don't have gimmicky stuff and use solid parts.
Gears are ok for 35 advertised tires.

noroad

I would almost say go with a 2.5 or 2 inch lift if you only want 35s, here is why. One after 2.5 you start needing a lot more things such as drive shafts, control arms, trackbar brackets, and flip kits. If you only want 35s that is, if you plan to go bigger in the future do a 3 or 3.5 inch lift but be ready for to spend a little more. that being said for a 2.5 inch lift maybe look into the AEV lifts, for 2 inch i think rancho is still doing some deals on them(couple people on here run them and love it). as for 3 and over plush rides are super soft of a ride, there are tons out there. As for gears, if you plan to stay with 35s maybe some place in the 4.10 to 4.56 rang depending on auto or standard. for larger 4.88s or 5.13s i would say (again depending on drivetran).

Top Bottom