Almost Bought a Renegade at Towbin Prestige Jeep in Las Vegas, NV

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, so Cindy and I have been shopping around the web and came across a dealership in Las Vegas called Towbin Prestige. A few days ago, I tried contacting them through their website and got an automated response. I attempted to follow up on it and got nothing back. That alone should have told me they were not a dealership to deal with but, I tried again and still heard nothing. So, I tried calling them - left a message and still heard nothing. Really, at this point and time, I really should have given up but, I saw they had an Alpine White Trailhawk come in and so I persisted.

Today (after getting back from Lithia), I called yet again and finally got to talking to a guy called "Tiny" Mike. Apparently, he is the internet sales rep there and after talking to him a bit, things seemed like they were coming together. After filling out their credit app, I got a call and he starts to rattle off numbers. Basically saying that at 0.9%/36 month financing, I would be looking at $721.48. This after trading in a car that KBB valued on the low end at about $10k. That's when I asked how much were they going to give me on my trade in and how much are they selling the Renegade for. And, this is where the real thick BS started to come in!

So apparently, Tiny Mike wanted to give me only $6500 for the trade in and to add insult to injury, he wanted to hike up the price of their Renegade by $2000!! When I pressed him on the trade in, he agreed he could bring that up by about $1k but that the $2000 premium ON TOP OF MSRP was for, and I quote "polysteel nitrogen" and "red alert added protection" whatever the fuck that is. At this point and time, I reminded Tiny of what they have listed on their website and explained they were essentially engaging in FALSE ADVERTISING. To this, he came back with some BS about how they were an "addendum" charge and that they wouldn't show up and then followed up with fine print at the bottom page. Calling BS on his BS, he then said that he could not go any lower than $2000 above MSRP because he had the ONLY Renegade in the State of Nevada..... Seriously!!

You know, what really bothers me about all this isn't so much as this Tiny Mike guy trying to make a buck or $2k off of me - it's that he actually came up with such BS lies and fed them to me like I was some kind of idiot. I don't know, I guess it's just been a long time since I've had to buy a new vehicle and forgot just how much I hate car salesmen. For anyone out in the Las Vegas area looking to buy a car or Jeep, Towbin Prestige is NOT who I would recommend.

IMG_0566.PNG

IMG_0567.PNG

IMG_0568.PNG

Yeah car salesmen suck. As far as trade ins go they do not offer KBB at NADA but fair auction value. Also depending on the miles on the trade in they more than likely will whole sale it so they will low ball you just to make a quick buck. When we got our new Ram they had it advertised for one price but when I was there to make the purchase it was quite a bit higher. But since we know the game we got internet listed price and full trade in on both vehicles.

KingCopperhead

I was a salesman for Towbin Dodge in 1998. Super high pressure environment, but that kind of shit would never fly back then. (I'm sure a lot can and apparently has changed in the last 16 years.) They were the first dealership in Vegas doing television shows highlighting their inventory. The owner was also the "star" of a reality TV show called "King of Cars"

I'd call this "Mike" guys boss and give them some shit. That's no way to treat people.

MTG

Caught the Bug
You almost bought a vehicle from Towbin?

In other words this guy:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427250924.380380.jpg

Yeah, I'm as surprised as you are this didn't work out. :crazyeyes:

KingCopperhead

Lol yep, that's Josh Towbin. Straight gangsta.

Right off the streets. His father gave him a car dealership when he was 19.

#thestruggleisreal

whispike

You almost bought a vehicle from Towbin?

In other words this guy:

View attachment 133125

Yeah, I'm as surprised as you are this didn't work out. :crazyeyes:

Yeah, I was going to say isn't that the place from the TV show? I think it was called King of Cars or something like that. It was a pretty funny show but I don't think I would buy from them!

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I remember that dude had a show didn't he? I'm surprised that "Tiny Mike" (usually means 350+ Mike) was so evasive, a name like that screams "professional."

spinuck

With social media, you would think they would do everything they could not to piss people off. One unhappy customer can easily let thousands of other know about their bad experience.

TheStick

One suggestion. I would not discuss financing until the rest of the deal is negotiated. Dealers love to just discuss monthly payments, rather than the actual deal. I always come in with my own outside financing, then after everything else is set, ask them if they can beat it.

Good luck, can't wait to see what you do with one of these little guys. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, I thought you ordered your Renegade from Jeep as you always ordered your Jeeps?

Up until now, you couldn't place an order for one even if you wanted to. Now that you can, it would take 4 months or more to get an ordered vehicle in being that they have to come from Italy. By then, the 2016's will be out :rolleyes2:

With social media, you would think they would do everything they could not to piss people off. One unhappy customer can easily let thousands of other know about their bad experience.

Apparently, these guys are immune to social media.

Bustedback

That guy has been catering to flat brimmed douche bags for years. Four grand in rims and tires on a fifteen hundred dollar shit box will only give you a turd with ugly wheels.

Top Bottom