Rhino Lining

JSTJPN

Question. Anyone seen or have experience with rhino lining the exterior of thier Jeep? Looking for positive comments and pics if you have any.

BlackHawk08jk

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427247587.576369.jpg
Putting it on
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427247710.346305.jpg
Sorry I don't really have any good up close good photos of it
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427247791.027840.jpg
The doors are just flat black but the rest of the side panels are rhino lined. I would say if you want to do it then do it I love mine. I don't have the hood done either.

whispike

Question. Anyone seen or have experience with rhino lining the exterior of thier Jeep? Looking for positive comments and pics if you have any.

I used to have it on my old truck bed. It's a good product and I liked it but it got really faded from the sun. The sun eats it up quick!

RockyJk

I know a guy from a local club that rhino lined his YJ from the outside and after a couple times out mudding it didn't look black anymore even after being pressure washed it looked brown/whiteish cause of the mud drying on there

I know a guy from a local club that rhino lined his YJ from the outside and after a couple times out mudding it didn't look black anymore even after being pressure washed it looked brown/whiteish cause of the mud drying on there

A friend of mine had the same experience with his pickup. We went out muddin and it had this brownish undertone since. I think there was a decent amount of clay in there. His rhino was white though.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If you are only looking for positive comments why even post up? Just get it since it's clear you only want people to tell you how great it is so you can justify a purchase.

JSTJPN

No, i am looking for positive comments not opinions. A positive comment is a comment that someone would make whether good or bad about something they have actual experience on. An opinion is not worth anything if you dont actually have exeperience with something.

One reply says to go with it but the other 2 say they would not based off issues that they have seen first hand with the product that i am asking about.

So i would assume that you have first hand knowledge since you both chimed in so i welcome your comments.

MTG

Caught the Bug
You're good enough. You're smart enough. And gosh darn it people like you!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427292908.792727.jpg

I hope that was positive enough.

Good luck with purchase.

JSTJPN

View attachment 133096
Putting it on
View attachment 133097
Sorry I don't really have any good up close good photos of it
View attachment 133098
The doors are just flat black but the rest of the side panels are rhino lined. I would say if you want to do it then do it I love mine. I don't have the hood done either.

Has it started fading yet? I am thinking of OD green. Like the old mil vehicles had. Just concerned about it discoloring or having the chaulk/white look.

JRied

I'm planning on raptor lining my interior... Heard it holds up well to UV but again it's on the inside

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Seen lots of "wheeling" vehicles with bedliner from various brands. Most fade from the sun, most seem to get dis colored from mud, most start cracking and peeling/flaking off once it gets dented. The vehicle really starts to look like crap after a while. A professional job will most likely cost you more than a decent paint job. If your thinking a bedliner job one option might be getting a paint job with out the clear coat. I was looking at that for my Suburban and doing OD Green. Having a professional paint it and just not do a clear coat. So it gives it that "matte" look to it and it was cheaper than bedliner. I am in no way shape or form a painter so I recommend you talk to body shops or something.

They all seem to scratch. You get the vehicle in trees or rocks and you will scratch the bedliner. I've seen it. Like I said once it starts flaking off from dents and scratches the vehicle really starts to look like crap. To my knowledge there is no easy way to repair it either. Not like going in and having a door or fender repainted anyways. Not to mention it most likely won't be able to be blended like paint so if you had a body piece redone it would probably stand out big time.

JSTJPN

Seen lots of "wheeling" vehicles with bedliner from various brands. Most fade from the sun, most seem to get dis colored from mud, most start cracking and peeling/flaking off once it gets dented. The vehicle really starts to look like crap after a while. A professional job will most likely cost you more than a decent paint job. If your thinking a bedliner job one option might be getting a paint job with out the clear coat. I was looking at that for my Suburban and doing OD Green. Having a professional paint it and just not do a clear coat. So it gives it that "matte" look to it and it was cheaper than bedliner. I am in no way shape or form a painter so I recommend you talk to body shops or something.

They all seem to scratch. You get the vehicle in trees or rocks and you will scratch the bedliner. I've seen it. Like I said once it starts flaking off from dents and scratches the vehicle really starts to look like crap. To my knowledge there is no easy way to repair it either. Not like going in and having a door or fender repainted anyways. Not to mention it most likely won't be able to be blended like paint so if you had a body piece redone it would probably stand out big time.

Good point. Never knew it would start peeling. But i do like the idea of the paint with the matte finish. After being around mil vehicles for so long i kinda like the old OD look but dont want the full woodland camo pattern or desert tan.

Thanks for the response.

thardy

Banned
Is wrapping it just as durable as the rhino lining?

I don't have any first hand experience within on a Jeep but have seen plenty of people do it. At least with the wrap, you get the look you want, doesn't fade, and actually protects your factory paint instead of ruining it.

JSTJPN

I don't have any first hand experience within on a Jeep but have seen plenty of people do it. At least with the wrap, you get the look you want, doesn't fade, and actually protects your factory paint instead of ruining it.

Now that is a thought. I will check it out. I am sure there are graphic shops around that i could talk with.

Thanks Trevor.

Top Bottom