Crank Case Vent Hose disconnected

nelsone

After going on the Newbie/Mojave trip my jeep overheated. If you're really interested, the details are here.

Today, a little over two weeks since the overheating, I got my Jeep back. After driving it the ~200 miles home, I popped the hood open. After putting the hood stick back in place and removing the extra radiator cap, I decided to take a closer look to see what else might be wrong. I found that the crank case vent hose was disconnected from the air filter housing. Does anyone know if this if it's bad to drive with the hose disconnected? Can someone help me understand what it does?

I'm going to take it to another dealer closer to me to have the jeep checked again just to be sure nothing else was wrong but curious about this.

Shot of extra radiator cap, disconnected crank case vent hose and hood stick.
engine1.jpg

Close up of disconnected crank case vent hose.
engine2.jpg

Last edited:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Wow! What crappy work. What dealership did that? They didn't even bother to clean up after themselves, I would be giving the manager a call.

Rccrwlr

After going on the Newbie/Mojave trip my jeep overheated. If you're really interested, the details are here.

Today, a little over two weeks since the overheating, I got my Jeep back. After driving it the ~200 miles home, I popped the hood open. After putting the hood stick back in place and removing the extra radiator cap, I decided to take a closer look to see what else might be wrong. I found that the crank case vent hose was disconnected from the air filter housing. Does anyone know if this if it's bad to drive with the hose disconnected? Can someone help me understand what it does?

I'm going to take it to another dealer closer to me to have the jeep checked again just to be sure nothing else was wrong but curious about this.

Shot of extra radiator cap, disconnected crank case vent hose and hood stick.
View attachment 133130

Close up of disconnected crank case vent hose.
View attachment 133131

Tech was like "I know I put that freaking cap right here. Crap. Just get one from the lot".

Pretty crappy when we take such good care of our Jeeps but others could care less. I would call them on it!!

Top Bottom