Rear Window Problem

CBoston

Hello, recently bought an 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara from my brother as he went the truck route. The rear windows do not function, the front windows roll down with no issues. I have looked at other threads and tips and tried restarted the vehicle as some said it was a computer issue, also checked the connections on the doors. Now i thought it could be a fuse but this could be just me and found the fuse diagram to not list the rear window fuse. What I gathered is it could be the CB1 Fuse but it is only listed as Power Window / Acc.. I would think that would affect the front two windows as well. Just wondering if anyone would know what to check or look for before I drive it to the Dealership... Thanks

jeeeep

Hooked
you'll need to take it to the dealer, it's possible it's on a shared relay within the TIPM - if so, hopefully it's a relay on the top layer that can be replaced.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
If you hit the switch to roll it up or down can you here it trying to work? I know Chrysler in general has crappy window regulators. They use a cable type system and that cable will stretch and eventually break. Never replaced one on a jeep yet though. Have done several other Chryslers.

CBoston

No, no noise or movement. Still going to try and replace the cb1 fuse but i think if that was blown the front windows would not work. The previous owner says it stopped working when the dealer cut and programmed a new key but i do not think that would affect the windows with the old key.

Kavanji

21410103hw.jpg

Top Bottom