Door sill guards!

Wethy

Hey all. Had a quick question has anyone used the door sill guards you can buy for our jks? They all are fairly inexpensive and ive noticed that theres a few scratches on there. They seem to go between 20-50 bucks. Im mostly wondering how they attach. Any info is appreciated.

Attachments

• 1427338035743.jpg
    1427338035743.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 128

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
They stick on with tape. I put the mopar ones on both jeeps. I got mine from Amazon for a good price

mackey

I've used them on both of my jeeps. On my first jeep, I just used the tape provided. Two of them eventually came off. On my second jeep, I also applied clear all purpose loctite and it has held up great. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427338653.985689.jpg

Wethy

They stick on with tape. I put the mopar ones on both jeeps. I got mine from Amazon for a good price

Yeah amazon and a company semi locally has good prices on the mopar ones as well. Does the plastic completely cover the inner raised lip where the plastic meets it? If that makes sense. Thats where im noticing scratches so if it doesnt cover that. Than it's kind of useless to me lol

USMC Wrangler

Yep, Amazon for me too...

Yeah amazon and a company semi locally has good prices on the mopar ones as well. Does the plastic completely cover the inner raised lip where the plastic meets it? If that makes sense. Thats where im noticing scratches so if it doesnt cover that. Than it's kind of useless to me lol

Yes, it covers the edge that sticks up. I wiped the sill down with alcohol wipes and used the double sided tape to install. That was over a year ago and there is no sign of them coming loose.

Wethy

Awesome thanks all! Thats the info i was looking for. I figured for 30 bucks you cant really to go too wrong with them. Especially if its for the Jeep! Ha ha just empty every pocket

JRied

I bought them to stop peeling my damn dip when I got out of my jeep... They worked great for it! Also a lot of the time my sills are wet and muddy and after a year they haven't budged. There dbl sided tape is great. Bought off amazon

Wethy

For the record and everyone whos been looking i called my local dealership and they were the cheapest for the mopar ones from my lookings that ive done 25.75 at the dealer and 29-35 everywjere else. Atleast in ontario thats what I've been finding. Maybe the one time its not a "stealership"

Top Bottom